Clear coat peeling off front and rear bumper??

I was washing the car Friday at work and I noticed clear coat starting to peel on both bottom corners of the rear bumper right behind the wheel and front bumper.

I brought the car 3 months ago. I know the car was in a minor rear accident (showed on the carfax) but the carfax stated the car was not damaged. There are no signs of the rear bumper being repainted.

Would BMW NA take care of this or?

Hmmm, clear coat peeling tells me either the car was washed-repeatedly-with an aggressive cleaner or the bumpers were repainted and re-coated. Contact BMW NA pronto.

Hmmm, clear coat peeling tells me either the car was washed-repeatedly-with an aggressive cleaner or the bumpers were repainted and re-coated. Contact BMW NA pronto.
I don't know what to say. For the rear bumper, there might slap me with "it was in a rear collision". Front maybe.

I was washing the car Friday at work and I noticed clear coat starting to peel on both bottom corners of the rear bumper right behind the wheel and front bumper.

I brought the car 3 months ago. I know the car was in a minor rear accident (showed on the carfax) but the carfax stated the car was not damaged. There are no signs of the rear bumper being repainted.

Would BMW NA take care of this or?

The only way to know is by contacting a BMW dealer and or BMW's NA customer service. Expect to be disappointed with the outcome.

Sometimes vehicle makers will have issues and provide a silent warranty. Maybe BMW knows paint code blah blah on model blah made on dates XX-XX have issues.

What signs prove you the bumper wasn't repainted and CarFax reporting isn't necessarily an accurate representation of what happens in an accident.

Just called BMW Na. They said they cant do anything because it's not related to mechanical components. Told me to call the selling dealer.

Bumper has been refinished before - you just did not catch it prior to purchase. If the dealer or p/o used a mobile service to refinish the bumper, this is not uncommon at all.

Bumper has been refinished before - you just did not catch it prior to purchase. If the dealer or p/o used a mobile service to refinish the bumper, this is not uncommon at all.
Welp, guess I'll wait until it gets worse and have both bumpers repainted at a body shop

Like the majority of body work it is never right again. It’s just how quick the difference shows up separates the good from bad body shops.

Back