Cleaning a mighty vac.

For those of you with mighty vacs do you just dump out the extracted fluids or do you do some sort of rinse and clean?

If you do rinse and clean what is your process?

Dump it out. My fluid extractors often have warnings or cautions about the use of solvents in their literature. I don't want issues with the seals and parts, so, extract the fluid, dump it out, and leave it at that.

I begin cleaning the Mityvac 7201 with brake clean through plastic tube. I know I'm doing against the mfg's warning, but it's been OK for the last 5+ years. I only use my Mityvac 7201 for fluid transfers (diff & T-case) since it doesn't work (extraction) for any of my cars.

I have never cleaned our MityVac; I just flip the switch and pump the oil into a recycle container.
I would love to use it as a filler for differentials, etc, but that would require a through cleaning.

I love my MityVac; never thought I would even use one...

I don't clean mine as I only use it to extract with.

For filling diffs and stuff, I have a funnel I attached to a half inch OD hose which I run through the wheel well so I can pour standing up.

I cleaned mine by siphoning some gas thru it after I used it to siphon out the old power steering fluid in my Blazer. Because if I ever siphon brake fluid I dont want it to get contaminated.

I drain it completely after each use. This includes all the lines. My Schwaben has warnings not to use cleaning fluids.

I just dump, never been cleaned other than wiping down the outside.

I let mine suck up a large tumbler of hot Dawn water after a particularly nasty power steering fluid extraction. Took the brown film off the inside of the tubing and container.

Which Mightyvac?

I have the metal handheld and do wipe it down after each use, if brake fluid gets in the cylinder, I disassemble, clean with water, dry and use silicone grease on the seal. Its ~20 years old and still functional.

Back