Cleaned truck today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My truck hasn't been washed in about 5-6 months.
My son spent the weekend with me, bringing some boiled crawfish and some minor detail equipment (grit guard bucket, Megs wash, Absorber, microfiber towels, and spray ceramic detail spray).
A company in Kenner, La. ( Heiden Industries Inc. http://www.heidenind.com/index.php ) supplies the Ford dealership he works at with detail products. They just recently came out with a ceramic detail spray that is pretty darn good. My son used it on my truck after he washed it. It came out okay.

IMG953199.jpg

IMG953201.jpg

Nice! Black is one of those colors that really show the dirt. My Escape is black and needs a bath. The pecan tree pollen has mine covered up. It's getting washed tomorrow.

Originally Posted by MParr
Nice! Black is one of those colors that really show the dirt. My Escape is black and needs a bath. The pecan tree pollen has mine covered up. It's getting washed tomorrow.

My trucks color is Dark Blue Pearl Metallic.
But, you're right, black is a PITA to keep clean.

Looks very nice. You will have to update us on the durability and function of the ceramic spray they used. It should help keep the truck cleaner.

Originally Posted by CT8
That is a great looking F150

Was thinking the same thing.

Something i love about the simple base model trucks......

Originally Posted by daves87rs
Originally Posted by CT8
That is a great looking F150

Was thinking the same thing.

Something i love about the simple base model trucks......

The 04-08 regular cabs were made with those back access doors. A lot of people that see my truck ask about those doors because they think it's an extra cab. Being my rt. leg is amputated, I can put my weight onto the rear access door enabling me to swing my prosthetic leg into the cab.
Below is a pic of what my regular cab looks like when that access door is opened (Not my truck in the pic). I have a Kicker subwoofer and an ALPINE amp behind my seats. The rear access doors have 6X8 speakers in them.

REGULAR CAB.jpg

Originally Posted by Donald
The OP says the ceramic spray is pretty darn good and then says his truck came out OK. Seems conflicting.

I'm so sorry, let me be more specific.
If my son had gone the extra mile to wash, clay, polish, and wax, the spray ceramic detail spray might have turned out to MORE than "OKAY."
But, being he ONLY washed it, then applied the detail spray afterwards, it just turned out "OKAY."
I'm satisfied with the end results, but if it had been given a FULL detail, I would be MORE than OKAY with it. I would probably be OVERZEALOUS.
The ceramic detail spray is an excellent product, from what I have been told about it. Even with my truck turning out "OKAY," it left a very smooth feel on the surface. I even took a zip lock bag and did the rub test and it was somewhat slick.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Looks very nice. You will have to update us on the durability and function of the ceramic spray they used. It should help keep the truck cleaner.

The 1st pic is after driving in 3 days of rain. The 2nd pic is of the hood right after it rained this AM. The truck still shines and is as smooth as a baby's bee-hind.
grin.gif

rain2.jpeg

rain1.jpeg

The product my son used on my truck was made by the company that supplies commercial detail shops only.
Meguiar's and Mother's offer a similar product if you want to try it on your vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back