Claybar worked to get out baked in bird droppings!

We had a windy day in the spring that blew the soffits out of the roof. Of course, birds moved in. And on their way in and out, they kept pooping on the Nissan. I didn't catch it in time and it ended up getting baked into the paint.

A few times throughout the summer I tried to get it out. Pressure washing, picking with a pick (old plastic guitar pick) and I just could not get it to some out.

Finally as a last ditch effort I decided to use a claybar with dish soap water as a lubricant. I know it's a cardinal sin to use dish soap on a car, but I figured it would be rough enough to get it out.

Took 90 minutes to get all of the bird droppings out, but surprisingly enough, the claybar did its job! I did the entire car. Then did a final wash, polish and wax with some Meguiars products.

It looks better than a 2019 Sentra should!

a clay bar is the most underrated thing you can do to keep your car looking new. Most people don't even know what it is.

When I used to have this thing called free time, I really enjoyed taking the time to clay bar my vehicles to make them look nice. Just haven't had time lately.

This was the last effort before paying to have the paint professionally corrected. But I'm satisfied, that's for sure!

Last edited:
I use wet paper towels run under hot water to loosen baked on bird droppings . Do this by placing very wet paper towel(s) on the area and let it set to break up the droppings . Then gently ( not to scratch clearcoat ) use dry paper towel to get the remnants .

Last edited:
I use wet paper towels run under hot water to loosen baked on bird droppings . Do this by placing very wet paper towel(s) on the area and let it set to break up the droppings . Then gently ( not to scratch clearcoat ) use dry paper towel to get the remnants .
I tried that and even letting it soak in hot water under a towel for a few hours. Worked a bit but I just couldn't get it to soften up enough.

a clay bar is the most underrated thing you can do to keep your car looking new. Most people don't even know what it is.

True that. I learned about clay bars in 1996.

OP did you try a detailer? I hit it with detailer, let is soak in for a while, then remove the soft stuff rinse and repeat. Some times it takes three or four soaks with detailer but eventually it comes off

Don't use Scott towels . They're abrasive , found out the hard way .

I had seagull droppings on my car and they were HUGE and baking in the sun for hours...on black paint...in the summer.
OMG what am I going to do? How am I going to get those HUGE stains out of my paint?

I used a clay bar several times over the paint until I could barely see them any longer. It worked but I did have to also have to used a mild/abrasive type wax(cleaner wax) but I didn't rub out those stains, just lots of waxing motions.

Back