Classless Alabama Inbreds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it had more to do with beating Sr. record. i agree idiots. Nascar's popularity has peaked ya think?

I bet they were more ticked that the race ended under cuation, who wants to see that? I thought it was funny - I guess they were arresting people who threw stuff on the track. What do you expect in Alabama? Who wants to see Gordon win anyway? He's like a wet dishrag.

Yeah, too many caution flags in NASCAR racing anyway. I saw the results of a race a couple of years ago where the average speed was 65 mph!

Dull races, COT, closing the old traditional tracks. NASCAR is no longer a sport I watch. COT - the only thing to differentiate the cars are the stickers.

"Class" and "NASCAR fans" are not nouns too often found in the same sentence, no?

lol. careful.
hornets_nest.gif

Was at a drag race when a drunk threw a bottle at a funny car that literally ripped the body right off it. Quick thinking announcer, "$100 bucks for the guy who threw the bottle. By the time the guy was handed over to security he probably needed an ambulance ride. It was ugly, think 1/2 the guys in the bleachers got a shot in as others cheered them on.

I am a proud Alabaman.Dont confuse Nascar drunks and trash with the citizens of my fine state.These actions are intolerable,and should be punished.Jeff Gordon is a great driver,although I am not a fan of his.Do you stereotype everyone or just the last safe group[white southern males].If a riot breaks out at a rap concert would you use stereotypical slurs to describe the participants.Call the trash that dissrespected themselves what they are,but dont class all Alabamians in with them.

Quote:

I am a proud Alabaman.Dont confuse Nascar drunks and trash with the citizens of my fine state.These actions are intolerable,and should be punished.Jeff Gordon is a great driver,although I am not a fan of his.Do you stereotype everyone or just the last safe group[white southern males].If a riot breaks out at a rap concert would you use stereotypical slurs to describe the participants.Call the trash that dissrespected themselves what they are,but dont class all Alabamians in with them.

I totally agree with you 110% on that. I for one have met many fine people in Alabama. But why are southern white males sterotyped as renecks or whatever. I am personally sterotyped by this, I drive trucks and I have an accent, but I am just a guy that works as hard as anyone for what I got.

Now would someone mind telling what your definition of a so called redneck is. I understand some stand behind that name with pride and they them selves don't even know what it is.

Webster has no reference to the word "REDNECK"..so I guess we have to use Jeff Foxworthy's definitions..pick one that fits..there all good..my personal ones are "#@$%! fearing", "hard working", "fun loving"..we don't keep our emotions under our hat...bless y'all

The main reason people make fun of white males, of southern origin, and in particular blokes from Alabama in particular is really rather simple: Human being humans, always must have someone else to poke fun at, I guess to feel superior or whatever. Southern white males are the only species left in the USA that you won't lose your job or get thrown in jail for ridiculing. Has absolutely nothing to do with reality...........

Quote:

Webster has no reference to the word "REDNECK"..so I guess we have to use Jeff Foxworthy's definitions..pick one that fits..there all good..my personal ones are "#@$%! fearing", "hard working", "fun loving"..we don't keep our emotions under our hat...bless y'all

You need the "big" dictionary.
http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/redneck
red·neck
Pronunciation: \'red-,nek\
Function: noun
Date: 1830
1 - sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class
2 - often disparaging : a person whose behavior and opinions are similar to those attributed to rednecks
— also red·necked \-,nekt\ adjective

twocents.gif

BT-boringnascar-gallery_artwork_thumb-7.jpg

I wish there were more road courses but the fans like crashes and ovaltracks satisfy that criteria.
Real racecar? hmm. F1? But not if you like turbos.
A racecar that's actually based on a real car? WRC or overseas touring cars. Even our GT3 cars are tame in comparison.

Ultimate racecar? The Escudo that "Monster" guy races up Pikes Peak? Millen's Tacoma?
The future? Just wait until they completely pave Pikes Peak and people start running modified F1 or Indy cars up it. Maybe by 2012-13?

Quote:

crackmeup.gif
coffeetime.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back