Class action against XOM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 203, August 2005 Reader's Digest...

Apparently XOM is being sued for claiming some of their oil products were "high performance" when in reality they aren't any different than other XOM products. Drive Clean is mentioned in particular, and the suit language insintuates that this was the same oil as other lesser expensive XOM products (probably the Super-Flo).

My scanner is crapped out. Someone scan that page 203 in the August Reader's Digest and post it if you can... I think so long as you say where it comes from it's legal.

I couldn't find anything on the 'net about it...

Dan

It's actually old news....somehwere on here their is a link to this.

While I'm entirely in favour of open standards and open formulas for proprietary products such as motor oil, car parts, etc., I do find it dissappointing, as one of the owners of XOM, that vexatious litigation would be advanced against my company.

buster... I couldn't find it anywhere. Can you link the old post here?

I think if XOM is actually selling one oil for a higher price and touting it as superior to another oil which is the identical forumula, they do indeed need to be popped in the chops.

Johnson & Johnson got in trouble for selling their extended wear contact lenses at a higher price when in fact they were exactly the same product as the daily wear disposables. Some of you may remember that...

Anyway, I'd like to see more about this issue discussed here.

Dan

What about Fram ExtraGuard and Pennzoil filters? Fram goes for more, and I suppose it is because of the 'Extra' in the 'guard'.

quote:

I do find it dissappointing, as one of the owners of XOM, that vexatious litigation would be advanced against my company.

Mee too!! My stock is advancing well (as little as I have of it)....so KNOCK IT OFF!!!
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back