Clark fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clark stores seem to be popping up in the West Tennessee area.They are replacing Texaco stores.Anybody seen these in before?

Used to be quite common in Illinois. Never had any issues with their fuel. They usually had some of the best prices as well.

Used to be very common in Illinois. The Clark refinery in Wood River was one that took sour crude for distillation, and cracked it all the way to coke. There were several mountainous piles of black coal like stuff along the perimeter of the plant.. Clark was usually a penny or two cheaper, and I never had any issues with it. Clark became Premcor, and dumped all of the retail operations in the midwest. I guess maybe the name is being resurrected??

Growing up in the Minneapolis, MN area (i am 51) there were a lot of Clark gas stations till i got out of high school, then they disappeared by the early 80's around here anyway.

When a teenager in Jefferson City, MO, there was a Clark station next to where I worked part time. Yes, they were alway 2 or 3¢ cheaper. My fondest memory was that they sold beer to minors if you promised to take the beer home and not drink while driving.

When living in WI during college the Clark 87 gave my Eclipse turbo the best mpg and performance over anything including 94.5 Soper America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back