Clarcor Corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that most of you havent heard about Clarcor but we are all familiar with brands like Purolator, Hastings, Baldwin etc.

I have never used a Hastings or Baldwin filter but I am sure that they are most likely the same filter (atleast for my car). I am intrested in knowing for info about these. Anyone take one a part? Do they use silicone? How much media?

I was intrested in picking up a case of their filters because my car, truck and motorcycle all use the same filter and I am low on my WIX supply. I would like to support a local company and score a decent filter.

Hastings and Baldwin both have been based in Nebraska for a long time, I have a friend that has an uncle that works @ the factory in Kearney, NE. He said that he will try and get a a tour of the facility in July, when I pass though to go camping in Colorado this summer! Ofcourse, I will share my expereince and photo's (if I am allowed to take them) of the tour.

Hastings is not as fancy of a filter as baldwin line of filters.They are well built filters. I have used and cut open both brands.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Hastings is not as fancy of a filter as baldwin line of filters.They are well built filters. I have used and cut open both brands.

I wonder if they just use different parts, because here in Kearney and Gothenburg they are made side by side.

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
I assume that most of you havent heard about Clarcor .....

Then you would be wrong. Been to the Kearny plant in 2001 when I was visiting Coleman generator plant, also in Kearny. We used to talk about them all the time when they made most of the Amsoil SDF's.

We get asked about this all the time. People see the white "Hastings" filter on the dragster and ask. Most have never even heard of Hastings. We love us some Hastings filters and use a case a month here.
But we get asked more about the cases of Shaeffers Oil than anything else. Now people really haven't heard of Shaeffers.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
I assume that most of you havent heard about Clarcor .....

Then you would be wrong.

Pablo = Most of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back