Clamptite Tool For Fabricating Hose Clamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: George7941
https://clamptitetools.com/
Video of the tool in use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb1U6aaTozI

Does anyone have any experience with this tool? I hate worm drive hose clamps on air hoses and have been using Oetiker eared clamps but this fabricated wire clamp will be even better if it works well. I have a concern about the thin wire cutting into the hose.
I missed the part about air hose in your post and while I was watching the video I thought how good that would be for air hose. I think you can control the tension pretty well to avoid cutting, if it is gripping a barbed fitting you should not need much.

not impressed as thin wires WILL cut into hoses!! there are better hose clamps than the typical ones sold in most stores, the swedish clamps come to mind, search + learn!!!

Keep using Oetiker Ear Clamps, The only better solution is crimping sleeves but that get's expensive buying the tooling.

Are you using a ear clamp tool? Using diagonal pliers doesn't work very well.

From an old Volvo forum I found a tip for installing Oetiker clamps: I bought cheap end cutting pliers from HF and filed the cutting edges to " crimp " the clamps. Worked well for me.

Originally Posted By: loub
From an old Volvo forum I found a tip for installing Oetiker clamps: I bought cheap end cutting pliers from HF and filed the cutting edges to " crimp " the clamps. Worked well for me.
Aren't those similar to pex crimping rings? You can get the crimper for those easily.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: loub
Aren't those similar to pex crimping rings? You can get the crimper for those easily.

They are the same type as pex clamps but not Pex crimp rings.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Keep using Oetiker Ear Clamps, The only better solution is crimping sleeves but that get's expensive buying the tooling.

Are you using a ear clamp tool? Using diagonal pliers doesn't work very well.

Yes, I have the Oetiker crimp tool. As a matter of fact I have two, the second one has the side jaws which come in handy in certain limited access situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back