Clamp portion of fluke 323 not working?

Tried using it on my trailer wiring didn't work, then tried using it around the battery cable of my truck and it didn't work. Do I need to ground the wire negative wire on it? The only time I get a reading is if I use the two probes.

Fluke 323 doesn't measure DC current which is odd considering my junky throw away clamp on meters all measure both AC and DC.

Fluke 323 doesn't measure DC current which is odd considering my junky throw away clamp on meters all measure both AC and DC.

It measures volts not amps in DC mode looks like. It worked when I used the probes I got 14v on my truck. The clamp function didn't pick anything up though

buy a cheap one off of amazon that will do DC amps .

I've put it around all kinds of cords. Ac/DC nothing.... Although those weren't individual wires though other than the trailer wire and the battery wire on my truck.

The clamp on the 323 only measures AC current, to measure AC voltage, DC voltage, or resistance/continuity you have to use the probes.

If you put both wires of an AC circuit through the clamp at the same time the magnetic fields from the wires cancel each other out and will read 0 Amps.

Back