Citigroup bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
OMG!!! The point!! The POINT!!! THE POINT IS!!!

The point was that there are PLENTY of qualified people that are waiting for these Pb balloon hogging fat cats to DIE so they can get into the big (or bigger) chairs. They would LOVE to do the same job as the slug in front of them ..for HALF THE MONEY.

Kick the fat cats to the curb. Plenty where they came from.

I've come to the the conclusion that you either have no idea what you are talking about or your just post whoaring. Either way I'll leave you in peace.

I do beg your pardon. I just don't see why upper tier people have some entitlement mentality. There are many ..many people who would love to compete for half the wealth. Just like the common low life laborer, if the upper crust thinks that the world "owes" them more, then they can turn the handle on that door and venture forth into the world that they feel holds more for them.

Much of our perception of compensation is skewed due to mergers and acquisitions. The upper end of it is "ruling" over a larger empire, but this doesn't discount the notion that there are plenty of like contemporaries that were "squeezed down" in the process.

They're just waiting their turn.

There will never be sympathy for multi-millionaires ...except from their fellow multi-millionaires (and Tempest) ..and they are in the smallest of minorities.

Heck, I guess being a minority does give them privileged status and preferential treatment. No wonder they have an entitlement mentality. It's been bred into them from birth.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Cut the pay in half. I assure you the same motivators will produce the same profits. There are plenty ready for the chance.

isnt this what toyota proved with the lower half of laborers working in car factories that werent UAW????

I dont see how it is any different for the upper half!

I loved when there was a PA insurance fiasco a few years back and the doctors all threatened to leave PA... I said to let them... there are plenty of new graduates ready to fill in to pay their loans that they are enslaved to the system for... and if there TRULY is a lack of capability/capacity, their rates too would go up.

Because we all know you would work just as hard to sell Amsoil if they cut the compensation in half...and you knew that you would be readily replaced as soon as you made too much money...

That's a great way to motivate people.

Well, Tempest, isn't that what you're all about, productivity? If I can do the same thing without giving out $25-50M bonuses ..and pay $1M in income, why should I pay to have some useless eater bilking me for more?

Those blue bloods get an entitlement mentality and I can't wait to grind my boot down upon them to break the cycle.

Let them live off of $5M instead of $25M. Heck, I think I could hire 25 $1M people that could surely research and execute whatever they are doing now in the big office.

Now there, don't you feel better??

With Amsoil my compensation was cast in stone the day that I signed on. I can't get my pals to approve a "special bonus" for me and I can't do it for them on the boards that I sit on.

Sorry, pal. They can disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow, and it won't skip a beat ..and I will weep not.

Quote:
With Amsoil my compensation was cast in stone the day that I signed on.

You mean via a contract that isn't worth anything?

I'll restate it: Compensation for sales is pretty straight up. The more you sell, the better you do. If my sales drop, so does my compensation. There's no reward for doing worse ..regardless of what I think I deserve.

Quote:
You mean via a contract that isn't worth anything?

It's only allowed if you're a UAW or other union worker. There management gets to take your future pension and benefit money and hand it out to their pals ..then bankrupt the company and leave you without your contractual compensation.

You're considered "expendable" ..while the mega-million $$$ suits are not.

Quote:
The more you sell, the better you do. If my sales drop, so does my compensation. There's no reward for doing worse ..regardless of what I think I deserve.

That is exactly the issue with the people at Citi bank!
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back