Citgo Supergard Syn Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... I need to get by a RK one of these days... Closest one to me is Front Royal Va...

Anyhow.. I bet it is a fine oil. It meets all the regular specs just like the other oils out there.

I always wonder how a oil sounds/runs in a particular car. My lady's Camry is a picky funny with different oils. Motorcraft runs the best and quietest. Valvoline ran quite good too. And Warren Distribution oil runs about has good has Valvoline. Pennzoil and Havoline ran rather loud in it. And the worst by far was a 50/50 mix of Super S and Cam2 synthetic blend. That car was loud from the get on that oil combo.

My car is not the same way as the Camry. But it does run very quiet on Mobil Super, Amalie high mileage oil, Chevron Havoline, Valvoline advanced full synthetic, Quaker State high mileage, Pennzoil Ultra, and Warren Distribution made full synthetic oil. And I have run 19 different oils in that car of mine.

been running it in my daughters car an 02 Tarus with a Vulcan V6 no issues
ran it in my 06 Honda 3.0 V6 no Issues
Running it in my sons 03 hyundai 2.7 no issues

Have a fill in my 2000 Buick right now for winter storage and spring start up (was off getting a hip replaced ) hence the spring No Issues

It has been a good serviceable syn blend oil I have gotten good labs back on it , and when Mills or Blanes has a sale @8.91 with a rebate its a win win in my book .

It has treated my rides well use it in confidence

I have a stash of 50 qts for my fleet that will get me through winter

link to PQIA test results ,, IMHO its a stout oil at a great price

http://pqiadata.org/CITGO_Supergard_5W30.html

Last edited:
Use it with confidence. I 've used it in the past and would use it again when the price is right, like the deal you've found.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
What are the thoughts on Citgo Supergard Synblend 5w30? Its $8.91/ 5qts at my Rural King.

The specs are nearly identical to RK's house brand which is also around the same price.

Originally Posted by Lubener
What are the thoughts on Citgo Supergard Synblend 5w30? Its $8.91/ 5qts at my Rural King.

The specs are nearly identical to RK's house brand which is also around the same price.

Yes you are correct. Here is the Harvest King VOA that is nearly identical. at least in add packs.

Citgo http://pqiadata.org/CITGO_Supergard_5W30.html
Harvest King http://pqiadata.org/HarvestKing_5W20.html

However Rural King does not list the Synthetic Blend Harvest King oils on a search.. Just conventional or full syns.

Perhaps Citgo used to be their house oil, now it is Warren?

Perhaps Citgo used to be their house oil, now it is Warren?

Yep. HK used to be Warren way back, was made by Citgo for a while, then Warren bottles started showing up again late last year. I had started a thread here about the most recent change last December.
However Rural King does not list the Synthetic Blend Harvest King oils on a search..

They have Synthetic Blend and High Mileage Harvest King in RK stores down here, just a matter of finding it in stock. It sells out quick.

To the OP, at $8.91 for 5 quarts, I'd be buying as much Citgo Superguard as I could carry. It's a stout oil for the price, used to use it and the old Citgo-made RK all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back