Citgard 600

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster, long time observer. I have searched with no luck concerning this oil. Anyone out there ever have any experience with Citgard 600 fleet oils. I am thinking about running it this summer, the listed properties from Citgo look good, any comments? Thanks in advance. If I don't get any negative feedback and no one has any experience maybe I'll run it and get a UOA to add to the board.

10w-30

FP-486F
Visc @100C-12cSt
Visc @40C-85cSt
VI-140
TBN-11
HT/HS-3.6

This must be their Diesel rated oil. Not to many around here can get Citgo brand oils, so there is little talk about them. I can get them very cheap at our local Farm-Fleet store. Also, they are at many truck stops. So they must be good oils if the truckers and farmers use them ?????

The numbers for Citgo oils look very similar to numbers of their competitors, and my uncle and cousin rave about how good they are. Of course they are Citgo dealers, and say that Pennzoil will leave nasty deposits in one's engine, so I don't believe much of what they say...

Yeah it is a fleet oil, both disel and gasoline rated. I am interested in running fleet oil in the summer in hopes of keeping my engine clean and extending change intervals. I may just run a more commonly available fleet, but I do like the looks of this and I have read their supergard additives look robust. Maybe something new to add to the forum regardless.

The specs for the API rated CI-4/SL Citgo Citgard 600 10W-30 fleet oil are very good. I think this oil is a very good choice for warm weather and should keep your engine cleaner than a typical conventional 10W-30 API rated SL motor oil.

[ April 08, 2004, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

Yeah this oil looks fantastic! I've wanted to find the 10/30 to try in my van and jeep. Can't find it anywhere. Actually in the specs the 10/30 is superior to 15/40 for gas use. If I find it it's definetly in my vehicles. With a HTHS of 3.6 V.I. of 140 ash 1.3 TBN of 14 I can't think of a better oil to give a try. I'm on here right now trying to find it. Searched all forums and this is the only reference to it. If you find it let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back