Cigar Smokers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on the board into cigars at all? With more free time this week Ive been having a couple while doing yard work or hanging outside. I picked up a sampler pack from JR cigars online last week, the Friday the 13th sampler for $65 that was luckily delivered the day I closed the shop. So far Ive had the Davidoff Escurio, Romeo and Julietta 1875, and a Rocky Patel The Edge, all quality. It also came with a Padron 1926, my favorite line, which Ill keep for a while.

Go to JR's in Whippany.

The Padron 1926 is a good one. But the annoying thing with Padron is their single cap, so I don't typically use a guillotine cutter on them, I use a V-cutter.

I used to like recently Rocky sun grown.

One of my most memorable was surprisingly a Mexican El Rey Del Mundo ( Individually tissue wrapped )
I think it was robusto or a torpedo size. Probably 15 years ago bough about a 1/2 dozen. and they were only 4 bucks a stick.

Now If I'm out with the guys and they want a whisky and a smoke, ill just have my "beginner" cigar,
The Punch London Club. The recent batch has been very very good at Twins Smoke Shop in Londonderry, NH

-

I usually place orders with CigarKing.com, theyre extremely fair and often run deals or include free shipping. My biggest gripe is that sometimes some dont come with boxes, so pay attention to the ads. I bought the 1926 sampler a while back and they came loose when they were displayed in a nice box on the site, little note at the bottom said box not included.
JR in Whippany is great, they usually give a Monte white label out with any meal. I usually support them when I eat there, but in store pricing can get crazy. The same 1926s are 25-30 each when I bought a 4 pack for 70.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Falcon_LS
I usually get my stuff on Cigars Daily. Enjoying a Mbombay Gaaja Toro right now actually.

That My Father Connecticut wrapper in the sampler special is a great smoke, a little thin but great go to.

Off topic a little, but I think it still fits.

I'm not a smoker, not even once. But I absolutely love the smell of cigar smoke. I know some people hate it, and find it insanely objectionable. I'm not that way. I find it among the most pleasing smells anywhere. Nobody in my family smoked, so it has nothing to do with nostalgia, as far as I can tell. But good lord, the smell of quality cigar smoke is, well, mmmmmmmmmm nice. Pipes too, but some are too sweet.

There must have really been something nice about early American tobacco. Too bad it morphed into cigarettes.

Every so often, I'm invited to my boss' house and they smoke some fine cigars. Just the slightest whiff brings a big smile. Who knows, maybe I'm weird that way.

Romeo Y Julieta 1875. Oh yeah, smells just right.

Last edited:
I have some Romeo & Guillieta # 3's sitting in my humidor now, waiting on nicer weather to sit outside and smoke. I really like the Dominican Diamond Crown with the Connecticut wrapper, really nice smoke.

Im the same way, once I smell one I really want one, but the flavor is never the same as the scent. I read a study somewhere that showed that theres a receptor in our noses that isnt in our taste buds, which is why coffee and cigar/pipe tobacco can smell so good but taste much different.

I enjoy a cigar with a drink every evening, especially when I'm here in FL. My daily smoke is a Baccarat or a bundled un labeled cigar when I can find some good ones. When I want to treat myself, I smoke a My Father Flor de las Antilles which is a very favorable medium cigar. It was Cigar of the Year in 14. Of course I like the Patels and Montecristos but they are too expensive for me. For years I bought from JR Cigar but when Lew sold out to the big corporation, things changed. Prices keep going up and service has suffered. Lately I buy from Cigars International in Pa.

I love Java Mint by Drew Estate cigars. I had a really nice Jim Beam that came wax sealed in a glass tube, man that one was great also!

Originally Posted by Cujet
Off topic a little, but I think it still fits.

I'm not a smoker, not even once. But I absolutely love the smell of cigar smoke. I know some people hate it, and find it insanely objectionable. I'm not that way. I find it among the most pleasing smells anywhere. Nobody in my family smoked, so it has nothing to do with nostalgia, as far as I can tell. But good lord, the smell of quality cigar smoke is, well, mmmmmmmmmm nice. Pipes too, but some are too sweet.

There must have really been something nice about early American tobacco. Too bad it morphed into cigarettes.

Every so often, I'm invited to my boss' house and they smoke some fine cigars. Just the slightest whiff brings a big smile. Who knows, maybe I'm weird that way.

Romeo Y Julieta 1875. Oh yeah, smells just right.

I'm the same way CU I love the smell of a good cigar and fresh brewed coffee but couldn't muster either.
37.gif

Keeping it alive if anyone is following. Had an Oliva Masters Blend 3, was a really really high quality cigar.

I've settled over the last few months on a couple of the Oliva's - the Serie V and the Master Blends 3 are my current everyday smokes. Really fine cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back