Chrysler to Halt Production at All Plants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rushing to judgement? Look in the mirror. Less educated, how? Because they are older their parents grew up during the depression era so they did'nt have a dime to spend for their children to send to college, yep that qualifies them as "less educated". Those in the retiree age group are patriotic because they either experienced WWII first hand or had an indirect experience with it so they did'nt need text books to become "educated", they lived it. If it were not for these "less educated" individuals this country full of delusional, book-educated, yuppie-wanna be's would'nt exist. lovcom is part of the distinctly U.S. sub-culture who believes that if you own a foreign car, that it is somehow a rite of passage into a blessed life as a chosen one, a badge of honor.

Assuming your one of these "more educated" special individuals in this country, then you would continue your research on this issue beyond your mere linked article, which indicates nothing of value, and base it also on personal experience pertaining to the truth.

Originally Posted By: Tim H
Dont be so much in a rush to condemn him, he has somewhat accurate information. After reading this, I did a google search using "demographics of toyota, honda and chrysler owners". On the 4th hit down, I got this link from Detnews.com

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0508/15/A01-280996.htm

it quotes the following:
"Overall, buyers of domestic-brand vehicles tend to be older, less educated and less wealthy than owners of import brands. Over the past 10 years, the gap in income and education has widened, with the most desirable customers flocking to foreign brands."

While that was only one article, I find it odd that it was on the 4th link of 54,800 hits using the most popular search engine out there. While I do not totally agree with all the poster's opinions in that post, to call him 'stupid and arrogant", and yet not even research where he gets his opinion and why (as it seems others in a professional level feel the same way, and feel it enough to print it), makes you look, well, stupid and arrogant.. No matter what you may feel about the "big three", they are in the red for a reason. And from what I have seen, most companies that fail, or are on thier way to failing, are a result of 'stupid' decisions.. I hope this wil help in your 'Shred of evidence", but I will let you research the rest..

Oh, wait...Let me find my shield for the bashing I am about to get!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lovcom
So tell me, when a person buys a car from Chrysler, what does it say about him?

Well, in THIS ARTICLE, Car And Driver magazine says he is "...a man of taste who knows sophistication and style are not exclusive of financial responsibility."

grin2.gif

Wow. Alot of mudslinging in here.

Didn't think anything of the demographics. Somehow doubt it. Working at a gas station I met an equivalent amount of yuppies filling either imports or domestics, and vice-versa.

I purchased my Yaris based on fuel economy, and there wasn't a domestic in sight that could hold a candle to it back then (and now).

Now that they have the four-banger with the slick-six in the Malibu, that would be my preferred choice nowadays.

Originally Posted By: Challenger71
Rushing to judgement? Look in the mirror. Less educated, how? Because they are older their parents grew up during the depression era so they didn't have a dime to spend for their children to send to college, yep that qualifies them as "less educated". Those in the retiree age group are patriotic because they either experienced WWII first hand or had an indirect experience with it so they didn't need text books to become "educated", they lived it. If it were not for these "less educated" individuals this country full of delusional, book-educated, yuppie-wanna be's would'nt exist. lovcom is part of the distinctly U.S. sub-culture who believes that if you own a foreign car, that it is somehow a rite of passage into a blessed life as a chosen one, a badge of honor.

Assuming your one of these "more educated" special individuals in this country, then you would continue your research on this issue beyond your mere linked article, which indicates nothing of value, and base it also on personal experience pertaining to the truth.

My linked article is only one source, as I stated earlier, that people have the same opinion as lovcom. What made me respond was the calling of 'stupid and arrogant". There was absolutely no reason to call him that when considering it took me 5 minutes via a search to find others with his same outlook. And while I also stated I didn't agree with all his post, I did, and will stand by the saying that the 'big 3' are in a rut right now for a reason, and it is not because they are the epitome of quality cars and styling...
Now as for older, patriotism is not an older American-exclusive. I am a current veteran who still serves and I will be [censored] if you will say my patriotism is any less of anyone from WW2 era. but I Will state that if you only by American cars because it's a patriotism thing, then yes, you are less educated, because you would only be contributing to the problem they (big 3) are in now. people buy quality in cars, not namesakes anymore. Obviously the big three isn't doing it much these days, if they were, they wouldn't need a bailout, now would they?
I also never said I was "more educated", but I am smart enough to know that I will purchase a vehicle based on its merit of quality, rather than the old 'less educated' adage of "If you ain't drivin' a(insert Label here)car, your drivin' shiite".. That is all the research that i need. I, as stated before, just found it odd that you all jumped on a BITOG member for his opinion, I back it up with the 5 minute search, and you now deny that the one-link I posted is even research! funny that I found it within one page of a search! My point being, that while you may disagree with it, more than one person agrees with his assessment, and from the current events with the big 3, I don't see anyone else (auto companies)asking for bailout money....You tell me what I am missing here?? AS I said in the last post: they are in the predicament they are in for a reason.... If you cannot accept that, then perhaps you need not watch the news, you probably wouldn't believe it anyhow.. AS for lovcom, I don't know the guy, don't really care, either, If he thinks he is the shiznit because he is exclusive to foreign cars, well, good for him and his own mind-legend. But he is a BITOG member, his opinion is as valid as yours, and can be backed as yours can. But to call him "stupid" is, well, not BITOG to me, and thats an opinion I am betting can be backed up.

Quote:
But to call him "stupid" is, well, not BITOG to me, and thats an opinion I am betting can be backed up.

And like I already apologized in advance for in my post, I'm not one to resort to name calling. I don't see how anyone that reads his post can garner any other opinion about the poster than what I called him. I still stand by my opinion, and unless his post was a joke, only an arrogant idiot can write garbage like that.

Originally Posted By: kingrob
Quote:
But to call him "stupid" is, well, not BITOG to me, and thats an opinion I am betting can be backed up.

And like I already apologized in advance for in my post, I'm not one to resort to name calling. I don't see how anyone that reads his post can garner any other opinion about the poster than what I called him. I still stand by my opinion, and unless his post was a joke, only an arrogant idiot can write garbage like that.

AS will I.

AS for Obama driving a 300C until politically correct not to, perhaps it's like riding a moped...Fun as [censored] until your friends see you on it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back