Chrysler to build plant in Mexico...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PT1
Really, it makes me want to puke to think about the Chrysler sale to Daimler that totally wrecked the product line and quality of the vehicles which in turn pushed me to buying GM garbage which in turn moved me forward (
lol.gif
) to Toyota. If they would have just left Chrysler alone I would still be driving them...no problem.
I had 5 in a row that were absolutely perfect..the wife & kids even mowed down a 14 point buck with a Durango and it didn't even stall out and she drove it to the body shop.

Now look at this mess.

Now you can mow down a buck with your toyota when it accelerates on its own and the brakes fail!

and yes, Daimler milked Chrysler and spent little on product development - and then Cerebrus spent even less.

Originally Posted By: css9450
Originally Posted By: Johnny
But why not also build them here for the North American market, someplace like Kenosha or something.

Is that plant still there? I thought it was torn down some years ago. You might be thinking of Belvedere.

Heck Belvedere could probably absorb another car line with no trouble. All they make there is, what, the Caliber and Patriot I believe?

Belvedere was considered, but turned down - for reasons I cant divulge - but that you can probably figure out.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
Originally Posted By: css9450
Originally Posted By: Johnny
But why not also build them here for the North American market, someplace like Kenosha or something.

Is that plant still there? I thought it was torn down some years ago. You might be thinking of Belvedere.

Heck Belvedere could probably absorb another car line with no trouble. All they make there is, what, the Caliber and Patriot I believe?

Belvedere was considered, but turned down - for reasons I cant divulge - but that you can probably figure out.

I'm going to guess that Chrysler's soon to be employed Mexican workers don't belong to a union?

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Mitsubishi helped kill Chrysler. Their awful trannies and valve stem seal failing engines were the bane of chrysler's existence. You would have to pay me to own a mitsubishi. I wouldn't part with a penny for one of them.

Actually Mercedes was the one who sucked Chrysler dry.

I did a brake job on a '07 Charger 3.5L for a friend last week. $270 just for the front pads? You'd think he was buying pads for a 370Z. I'll pass. His previous Jeeps were an absolute nightmare...I don't know why he keeps going back. In the end, it's his money. Personally, I wouldn't own a Chrysler product if someone paid me...especially with those plasticy interiors you'd have to put up with. As far as I'm concerned, If it's American, it's a Ford.

Forgot to mention - Chrysler going and building a new plant in Mexico, using American tax payer's money, completely nullifies the purpose of government aid. Didn't the US Government bail them out to retain American jobs in the first place? That's such a slap in the face. Have they offered to return the sum they have borrowed? I guess not.

People are going to buy fewer MOPARS, and then the company is going to demand a taxpayer funded handout again, leading to fewer MOPARS sold.

The company should have simply died.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
CHRYSLER RUINED CHRYLSER....

Ding, ding , ding! You have a winner!

If you look back it history it was the domestic US management that caused the damage. It's just plain obvious.

Originally Posted By: PT1

Nice to see our cash at work....
smirk2.gif

Nice to see GOOD WORK rewarded- Chrysler's two Mexico plants have been turning out some of the best built products from the whole company for the last 15 years.

Originally Posted By: Vizzy
Originally Posted By: rszappa1
CHRYSLER RUINED CHRYLSER....

Ding, ding , ding! You have a winner!

If you look back it history it was the domestic US management that caused the damage. It's just plain obvious.

It was also the domestic US management that "sold out" to Daimler back in the 90's. They didn't have to do that (Chrysler was doing very well then) they CHOSE to do it so they could fill their executive pockets with cash!

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built
Oh boy. What happened to AMERICAN made cars???
Like the Toyota Camry, Avalon, Venza, Tacoma, Tundra,...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back