Chrysler T&C 225/65/17 needs some new shoes

I'm looking for recommendations on what to buy from Discount Tire this fall. The van needs some new shoes and I don't want to go back with the same continental control conctact tour a/s again. They were terrible on wet roads when starting from a stop.

I'm open to suggestions. Would prefer something in the 75k miles rated range.

The Goodyear Assurance maxlife in that size is 85k rated and the Comforttred is rated for 80k. Personally I like the General Altimax RT43 better at 75k rated for a little less money than those Goodyears.

I have had great luck with General Grabbers (realize different tire type) on my Dodge Durango. They were priced right by comparison as the previous post stated.

The Goodyear Assurance maxlife in that size is 85k rated and the Comforttred is rated for 80k. Personally I like the General Altimax RT43 better at 75k rated for a little less money than those Goodyears.

It seems like those tires have been around forever. I am surprised to see they are still sold at DT. I may have to try them as I think everyone has always been happy with their snow performance.

We purchased Goodyear Weatherready's from Discount Tire on a Santa Fe (two years ago), and then most recently on an Outback. Got $50 gift card for using Discount Tire card and $100 Goodyear gift card also. So far, good winter and wet traction. I would check to see if they are in your size.

The only tire that I've bought three sets of is the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred. Had a set on a 2011 Town and Country, in the same 225/65-17 size. These tires have never disappointed me.

If you can find a good deal on them, I have Michelin Defenders on my Odyssey and have been very pleased with them. They have about 60k miles on them and they still have a good 30-40% tread left. Wear like iron and they actually perform decent in rain (which we get a lot of here) and even snow (I installed them when I lived in Colorado.) One of the best, trouble-free tires I've owned. I rotate every 7500 mi and they wear even and stay happy.

I believe these are rated 80k IIRC, and even on a vehicle known for eating tires, it appears I'll reach it no problem.

Just got a t&c it has Michelin defenders t+h which ride very nice, was wondering if anyone has run defender LTX m/s and what pro/con of either

Just got a t&c it has Michelin defenders t+h which ride very nice, was wondering if anyone has run defender LTX m/s and what pro/con of either

I believe the LTX is their SUV tire which will be firmer. May not be a big deal since the T&C has a very cushy ride anyway.

Just to update, It looks like I will be getting Continental CrossContact LX25. Discount Tire was giving me $42/tire off as prorated warranty claim on my current Continentals. They tried to push me to the Michelin Defender but the tread looks like it is only good for paved roads. We do a fair amount of gravel driving and snow traction is nice to have.

I may regret not getting the General Altimax for the snow traction but Tire Rack raved about the LX25 snow traction. So I am giving it a go.

Reactions: JC1
Back