Chrysler HOAT at 9 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 years of use in a Ram factory fill, gonna do a series of flushes to try and get it back to that factory orange. I couldn't get bottom block bolt off and opted to not take off hoses, so I am doing a series of quick flushes. Poor choice in soda on this da, ha. I checked this fluid at 5 years and it was closer to the new stuff. I think this is great coolant, low risk of sludge then the oat and protects longer then iat of course. Zerex go-5 is the generic, but I used Mopar Coolant it wasn't that much more imo. That's all, just a pic to show you might not want to extend coolants past what they say, but then again it wasn't that bad either, no funky smells and still nice and clear. No I didn't do any testing of the coolant, just the pic.

[Linked Image]

I always do spill/fill on long life coolants every 100,000km (60K miles) by just draining and refilling the radiator that way you always have good coolant in the system at all times. Coolant is relatively inexpensive for the mileage so why not.

Although yours looks pretty good for 9 years.

This makes me wanna buy a case of G05 and do both my vehicles. I can get a good deal on it through work. It's nice both my vehicles use the same coolant!

Day two flushes, goal to be satisfied I have a good dilution % close to factory by look, aint there yet. I have more coolant coming from the amazon, so we will do more. I am not satisfied yet. Right to left, new coolant, flush 2 coolant, flush 1 coolant. If you are doing coolant swaps, please capture and drop off at local recycling. I couldn't get at full flush, driver side bolt not accessible and passenger bolt not budging, any more tugging on that I will be w/o the top of the bolt, so done with that. It will have to be this for the life of the truck, a series of flushes, coolant is relatively cheap, so whatever. All anyone has to do is remove the bolt behind the t stat and radiator petcock and pop the cap on radiator, and they can do this in their garage. Very easy process. This is also burp free process.

Just under 30k miles.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back