Chrysler guys, need 3.5L v6 oil filter help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just picked up another Chrysler product, this one an 04 Concorde with Chrysler's awesome 3.5 v6. We are very excited about this car, one of my sons will be the primary driver, lucky him!

Okay to the filter. I see it takes the same filter as my Jeep (PH16 equivalent) but I CAN'T FIND IT!

Looked all over the car twice. Looked in the manual that had a lot of good info but nothing on location of the oil filter that I could find. Looked on google found one pic that sorta looked like it was under the alternator but now my son has the car and I can't go fishing for it again.

The previous owner who was also a maintenance freak (hurray!) mentioned he only changed the filter every other oil change, so now I am wondering if accessibility was part of the reason.

Thanks for your help!

Purolator 14670. Walmart. Look underneath not too hard to get to.
Has the timing belt and water pump been changed??

Yep drivers side back and down below alternator.

FWD- look right under the front of the engine dead center. Cant miss it. Watch out for bad follower/rocker assemblies. Ask me how I know.

Well indeed you CAN miss it ha ha I will look again, at least now I know where to look.

Thanks!

Not sure we are all talking about the same 3.5, didn't the Pacifica use a different Benz one?

Not sure on the belt and water pump, I thought that was a 2.7 thing?

KC- PepBoys online has a sale that ends at the end of the month where the XG16 at 6.20 also had an additional 25% off that price and free shipping provided you spend $100. That is super cheap for that filter. I had to replace a radiator in my Dodge so my decision was simple.

If the filter is hard to get to the XG 16 might be an option to use for every other oil change.

The 2.7L uses a timing chain; the 3.5L uses a timing belt that should be replaced right about now on yours, if it hasn't already been done.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Well indeed you CAN miss it ha ha I will look again, at least now I know where to look.

Thanks!

Not sure we are all talking about the same 3.5, didn't the Pacifica use a different Benz one?

Not sure on the belt and water pump, I thought that was a 2.7 thing?

Nah-Pacifica had the same 3.5- which was built in a number of flavors. The Pacifica got the 250HP H.O. version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back