Chrysler 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you all think of the Chrysler 200? Just curious as my wife has one as a rental right now and really likes it. My guess is its the 2.4. Anyone else have one? Really I'm a Toyota guy, and last year just got rid of my Tacoma for gas price reasons. I checked on fueleconomy.gov and it gets about the same mileage as the HL, but has a tad bit smaller tank.

Had one as a rental car and I thought it was a pretty nice car. No complaints. That and the ford fusion are the most memorable rental cars. 2012 Honda civic was the noisiest and worst.

Worse car i have ever driven in, and that is really bad as I have driven in a hhr which then I thought that was the worse. Had my car(2008 Altima) worked on and I also was given a rental which was a 2011 Chrysler 200. I was NOT impressed!!! I could not wait to get my car back!
The rear, side pillars were SO hard to see correctly out of. The transmission couldn't make up it's mind which gear to get into and just to get up to speed it went through too many gears to get there. The motor is weak and buzzy.
The interior just felt like it was trying to hard to seem "upscale", but it just felt and looked cheap.
I wouldn't give them a dime for this junk. If this is how the "new" Chrysler is going to be, the government should have let Chrysler go out of business!!

Is this the same as the Dodge Avenger? I drove one as a rental for about 1200 miles over a weekend and thought it was absolute junk. Junk interior, bad highway manners, poor fuel economy, lousy acceleration...

I found the Ford Fusion to be a much higher quality vehicle in all aspects.

It really isn't up to snuff in today's auto universe. Although I will say, I enjoyed the convertible 200 we rented on the Big Island. Might have had something to do with it's surroundings though.

The 200 definitely needs a new platform, not the junk Sebring its trying not to be.. It is still a lot better than that if you ask me.

All of the other offerings from Chrysler right now are solid though, the 300 is nice, Charger, Journey, etc.

Chryler did a great job on the 200 when you consider that it's the same platform that the sebring and previous gen avenger were based on. It's a vastly improved vehicle at least in that regard. And they are a good price, you can find some for less than 20,000 pretty well optioned out.

It's hard to tell things that may be weak points down the road on a newer model. They do make cars better than ever. It would be a good thing for you to let her be the judge of what she likes. It may be a very good car for her. I think most if not all the Chrysler 4's are Mitsubishi.

Originally Posted By: JosephHarmon
... I think most if not all the Chrysler 4's are Mitsubishi.

They are not Mitsubishi engines in the same way that the 4G54 2.6 was.

The current L4s are the GEMA engine and share a lot of components with Mitsubishi and Hyundai. But there are some unique features between the 3 as well. The Chrysler variant has a valvetrain that is mechanically similar to Mercedes Benz's V6 valvetrain. The Hyundai Thetas are GDI now and allegedly have some trick hollow steel cams. The Mitsubishi variant is the 4B1XX and I don't know that much about it.

I like the 200 and updated Avenger. They are platform mates with the Lancer, and improved all of the Chrysler shortcomings. The interior is now nice, the 3.6/6 speed combo is excellent. I'd consider one.

Originally Posted By: BIGJ552000
Worse car i have ever driven in, and that is really bad as I have driven in a hhr which then I thought that was the worse. Had my car(2008 Altima) worked on and I also was given a rental which was a 2011 Chrysler 200. I was NOT impressed!!! I could not wait to get my car back!
The rear, side pillars were SO hard to see correctly out of. The transmission couldn't make up it's mind which gear to get into and just to get up to speed it went through too many gears to get there. The motor is weak and buzzy.
The interior just felt like it was trying to hard to seem "upscale", but it just felt and looked cheap.
I wouldn't give them a dime for this junk. If this is how the "new" Chrysler is going to be, the government should have let Chrysler go out of business!!

I also had one on as a rental it had 7k miles on the odometer. I agree a terrible POS I turned it in after 3 days and at extra expense and picked up a Chevy Impala
a MUCH BETTER car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back