Christmas lights on bushes

Wife put out the bush style of Christmas lights. After about 2 weeks a few stopped working. They were cut in a few places near the ground. I wonder if the insulation is soy based like Toyota had used for wiring insulation.

We live next to a small pond but don't think there are any rodents living in or near pond. It's a development. Think there is a fox around, and rabbits and squirrels.

Anyone else experience this?

Almost an annual thing for me. Squirrels I imagine. Using these lately for quick fix
Screenshot_20221207-170222_Chrome.jpg

I have a sure fire cure for malfunctioning Christmas lights. It also comes in handy come January when it’s freezing cold and the lights have to come down.

I put up anywhere from 3000 to 6000 lights every year, sometimes more, depending on how I lay them out.... And yes, I have plenty of strands that get chewed and stranger still, look like they were simply cleanly cut, like with a razor or a knife. Any maybe they were in some cases, I have had my displays vandalized more than once, and we have always lived in fairly nice suburbs. But yes, I lose at least 2-3 strands a year with chewed up wires.

I was Clark Griswold-izing my daughters house last week, and a neighbor came over and said she appreciated the display every year, and wanted to know if I have had any problems with wires getting chewed, because they have had several they had to replace that had chewed up wires. So yes, apparently it is a thing. I honestly dont know if the insulation is soy based or not on these cheaper sets of lights, wouldnt surprise me though.

Wife put out the bush style of Christmas lights. After about 2 weeks a few stopped working. They were cut in a few places near the ground. I wonder if the insulation is soy based like Toyota had used for wiring insulation.

We live next to a small pond but don't think there are any rodents living in or near pond. It's a development. Think there is a fox around, and rabbits and squirrels.

Anyone else experience this?
If you don't think you have rodents I'm going to tell you that there are rodents everywhere. They live in the grass, under the grass, in the bushes, in around and under the trees, along the foundations to your house. Doesn't matter where you are there are, if you see rabbits or squirrels then there's going to be mice/voles as well.

Back