ChrisFix face reveal.

And here is Wilson, the neighbour behind the fence on Home Improvement.

5F63517C-434F-4AB9-91A3-492956724F21.jpeg

How come every time Youtube recommends to me a new Scotty video, the thread title is usually something about how he's being forced to close his channel or how he's quitting, or he's being shut down, or some such issue? Click bait apparently, it never happens.
Wasn't he dying recently? As always, I couldn't bring myself to click on it.

Yep and Nissan was going out of business because they stopped the Altima production line twice 1 week because QC didn't like how the hoods were lining up maybe has beloved Honda should have done that instead of sending them out to the customers and then have a recall for them coming open while you're driving BUT SCOOTY WON'T TELL US ABOUT THAT IT'S HONDA

I remember that video, with Eric the Car guy, etc. He wasn't shy about showing his face in that.
I was going through the thread to see if anyone mentioned that, but yes, he's definitely been "seen" before. It was either a video or photos that included Eric the Car Guy.

All of these complaints about this "Scotty" guy and how bad his videos are or how wrong he is about things or how he click-baits you to watch it.... are just funny because people are clearly falling for it and watching ! And guess what ? He makes more money !

All of these complaints about this "Scotty" guy and how bad his videos are or how wrong he is about things or how he click-baits you to watch it.... are just funny because people are clearly falling for it and watching ! And guess what ? He makes more money !
And for years pulled it off from his driveway and home office - not bad 😷

I teach automotive and I enjoy showing some videos to my students once in a while. Chris Fix being one of them...Eric the car guy, south main auto. Some others. I reached out to Chris Fix a couple years ago to see if he’d like to throw a shot out to our school in one of his videos, and to our surprise he did. Kids loved it - as they always walk around saying “hey guys!”.

Most of the automotive youtubers ive discovered from this place from people discussing it on this board. Sometimes I’ll show students threads from here on the overhead projector...diagnostic questions/trouble shooting, and see if they can discuss it and figure out the solution. This is a great place! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve mentioned to other instructors stuff I’ve read from here...I’ll ask, hey have you ever heard of this? Or that? A few weeks ago it was why BMW’s no longer have a dipstick, and their vacuum pumps in the crankcase. We had never heard of that. So, it’s cool here.

I use an adblocker, If you don't watch the ads, the creators don't get paid.
I'm not sure about that (I use one as well). The ad-blockers just hide or block the ad from you. The websites still "show" them. Then again, some sites do pop-ups saying "you're using an ad-blocker....please turn it off" but is that a bluff ? They want the ad to be visible on the slim chance that you'll click it for even more $ for them.

71Chevyguy said:
His accent is an Italian thing for the area, same in NYC where I grew up. Not to be confused with Italians from Italy, lol. Italians from Italy are probably very offended that they are represented here by Jersey Shore.
Sicilians aren't real Italians. ;)

I am half Italian/half Sicilian. My mom used to say that calling a Sicilian an Italian was like calling someone from Alabama a yankee.
My italian immigrant grandfather sounded like Chico Marx when he spoke.

I like Chris Fix's videos. There are way too many well intentioned videos on YouTube that are impossible to watch because of poor photography or poor audio or an annoying personality like Kilmer. Chris Fix does a good job with his presentations.

71Chevyguy said:
His accent is an Italian thing for the area, same in NYC where I grew up. Not to be confused with Italians from Italy, lol. Italians from Italy are probably very offended that they are represented here by Jersey Shore.

I am half Italian/half Sicilian. My mom used to say that calling a Sicilian an Italian was like calling someone from Alabama a yankee.

I like Chris Fix's videos. There are way too many well intentioned videos on YouTube that are impossible to watch because of poor photography or poor audio or an annoying personality like Kilmer. Chris Fix does a good job with his presentations.
Ha! Ya, well don't forget that the Kingdom of Sicily extended half-way up the boot so technically I'm 1/4 Sicilian (Naples) and 1/4 Tuscan but who really knows. I could be 1/2 Moorish (nod to True Romance..ROFL). The other half of me (Northern German/Danish) just shakes its head.

71Chevyguy said:

I am known here in jest by our "pure" French relatives as an Itajun... 1/2 Sicilian and other 1/2 part French Canadian + Deep south Cajun. The Sicilians came to America during WWI and the French Canadians came, got thrown out back to Canada by the English yet many returned in the 1700s leaving Canada again and mixed with French Cajuns in South West Louisiana. Grand Parents and Parents spoke French and Italian and not more than a few of the giant extended families children picked it up. A bit late for me at 65yrs old. It is nice that they preserved all these years direct hand written stories I have seen of the ones who went back and forth between Canada and Louisiana. It does make for some really wild and fun family reunions full of Cajun / Acadian French and Italian relatives all together every 5 to 10 years.

Last edited:
Back