Choosing between SPECIFIC 502 00 or 8100 X-CESS GEN2 5W-40 on a 2015 B8.5 S4

Hello!

I hope this finds you all doing well!

I'm really stuck between the Specific or the X-cess. I heard that some people on here really like the x-cess, but I hear good things about the Specific too. I will be running oil changes on my S4 at 5,000 miles, and most likely with an extractor. I heard that the X-clean was lower saps, so what does that mean? Also what is HTHS and how does it come into the picture? What do you think about these two oils? Is there anything that I should know? Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise here!

Thank you all so much in advance!

Cheers!

Charlie

SAP = Sulfur and Phosphorous or low ash.. Just use what oil meets the cars specs from a major oil company.

I also hear good things about the Mobil 1 FS (European Formula) 0W 40. It is cheaper, so I think I may go with that. Is there any difference in performance or protection for my engine between the the Mobil and Motul oils?

I also hear good things about the Mobil 1 FS (European Formula) 0W 40. It is cheaper, so I think I may go with that. Is there any difference in performance or protection for my engine between the the Mobil and Motul oils?
Get Mobil1 0W40 FS or Castrol Edge 0W40 in your local Wal mart. Both are in $25 price range for 5qt. Motul specific and X-Cess IMO are not on par with these oils, although X-Cess GEN2 looks really good on paper. But why paying more when you can get exceptional product for less?

Hey edyvw!

I'm also on Audizine, and the fine folks there are saying that I should stick with a euro approved 5W-40, but some others say that I should go with the 0W-4. Honestly, I was leaning towards the 5W-40, but now, I think that the 0W-40 would be the better bet.

If anyone has any more input here, please let me know! Thank you so much!

Be well!

Hey edyvw!

I'm also on Audizine, and the fine folks there are saying that I should stick with a euro approved 5W-40, but some others say that I should go with the 0W-4. Honestly, I was leaning towards the 5W-40, but now, I think that the 0W-40 would be the better bet.

Be well!

Heh, I told you so, didn't I?!

Hey edyvw!

Be well!

You will usually find overall better oil knowledge and advice here on BITOG than you will on any auto brand specific forum. At least that has been my observation with multiple forums.

Back