Choo choo train.

Wife wanted to see Virginia city,nv so we did a trip there. They have a steam train running around. Funny name for a saloon too lol.

Also the fjcruiser hit 200k on this trip.

Attachments

• IMG_20230526_071050795.jpg
    IMG_20230526_071050795.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20230527_161958261.jpg
    IMG_20230527_161958261.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 79
Was the visit to Virginia City part of a trip, to drive The Loneliest Highway?

Virginia City is pretty cool. My wife and I visited there a couple years ago. I love historic towns like that. It was probably one of my favorite parts of Highway 50.

Was the visit to Virginia City part of a trip, to drive The Loneliest Highway?

Virginia City is pretty cool. My wife and I visited there a couple years ago. I love historic towns like that. It was probably one of my favorite parts of Highway 50.
No we ran 395. We live at the southern end of 395 so we basically ran it from one end to the other.

My mom lived in apple valley and I've done a few trips from there to Carson city.
After my dad passed away she moved to Covina.

Wife wanted to see Virginia city,nv so we did a trip there. They have a steam train running around. Funny name for a saloon too lol.

Also the fjcruiser hit 200k on this trip.

Ahh the Bucket of Blood...one of our regular stops on the guys trips to the Air Races..

Virginia City is amazing, touristy, but a time warp. IIIRC the Bucket has an open porch on the back that overlooks the abandoned mines, two old graveyards. Fun place.

We got to ride the train today. We only took the short ride and not the all day long one. They pushed us backwards out of the station.

We were sitting on the first car right behind the tender. It's a narrated tour so there is a guy speaking and I was next to a speaker so you will hear that.

Things were pretty quiet until we got to a small hill. The engineer had to throttle it up to go up the hill and it hade all kinds of smoke.

They push us backwards a couple miles or so then pulled us back up forward.

Back