Choice of P226 .40 S&W or XD(m) 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have the nice dilemma of having to choose between the XD(m) fullsize .45ACP vs the Sig Sauer P226 w/ Siglite Night Sites & short-reset trigger in .40 S&W. Paid a similar price for each...

Which would you choose?

Originally Posted By: Nyquist
So I have the nice dilemma of having to choose between the XD(m) fullsize .45ACP vs the Sig Sauer P226 w/ Siglite Night Sites & short-reset trigger in .40 S&W. Paid a similar price for each...

Which would you choose?

They are very different. Which round to you like better?

Do you like Sig? I have 5 Sigs. The P22X series have a decently steep learning curve. But I love my Sigs and of course with a 226 you can drop in a .357Sig barrel and have a super sweet shooter.

The XD series are very pointable and comfortable to me.
I like the .45ACP round.

Which are you most accurate with?

Pablo is absolutely right on. It is an apples to oranges comparison that ultimately comes down to the round you like. The .45 will be slightly more comfortable to shoot and the XD is a great gun. I prefer the .40 round and I would lean towards the Sig. It is such a proven firearm and once you become proficient with the gun itself it is absolutely outstanding.

Trust me you will like either one you get. Sig just is my pref and would be between the two for sure.

The Sig in 9mm form went through the ringer in the U.S. Military pistol trials in the 80's and was one of two entries to pass them all along with the Beretta 92. Beretta won the contract because their bid was cheaper.

Between the XD and the 226, Id go 226 anyday. The XD is a fine gun, but the 226 is a great sidearm.

I've never shot the Sig, but I love my XDM 45 ACP full size. Since i'm a realoader, I'm not a big fan of reloading the 40 S&W, mostly because of the "bulge" on the bottom of the case.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Nyquist

Which would you choose?

They are very different. Which round to you like better?

Do you like Sig? I have 5 Sigs. The P22X series have a decently steep learning curve. But I love my Sigs and of course with a 226 you can drop in a .357Sig barrel and have a super sweet shooter.

The XD series are very pointable and comfortable to me.
I like the .45ACP round.

Which are you most accurate with?

With you 100%!! Love my Sig's but they do take a little getign use to. Also, as much as I like my XD 45 I do not like the mushy trigger on it and I really do not like Springfield's lack of info on how to work on their guns.

I'd go Sig. They are very ergo and just plain ol sexy and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back