Chinese food 'made from cardboard'

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/12/cardboard.food.ap/index.html

I'd like a side of plastic bottle please....
spam.gif

ive eaten those buns many times and really like them, they are called char sui bow. ive been to hong kong twice and have seen some funky food preparations. there are many meat venders right on the streets with their meat hanging in the hot 85 degree sun with flies buzzing all over them. there was a lady who was also on the street selling frog legs, she was chopping them off live frogs, throwing the legs into a collander and the upper torsos were actually walking away - she didnt care where they went, no use for them. i saw live snakes being skinned, blood drained and drinken right there on the spot, supposed to give you long life. most of the street "restuarants" wash their dishes right in the gutter and lean them up against the curbing for proper drainage. i only ate in the resturants but probably ate rat, cat, cardboard and doo doo a few times without knowing it, even the mcdonalds buns were a little different - probably the cardboard recipe. it was definately an experience.

I thought it was funny when someone posted that it was Chinese food made from Fram cardboard end caps.

I saw a similar article over the last two days in Sydney. The guy said "they can't taste the diference anyway" I'm giving anything with Chinese ingredients a big miss thanks..s

In southern china the only meat served was some kind of appendage, a head or leg or arm off who knows what? Guide said the REAL meat off the main torso was set aside for, and sold to the rich. There was no rice either. It was pick the meat off an appendage and a portion of vegetables. A cardboard dumpling would have been a treat.

I don't know about cardboard but having the head of a chicken served together with the rest of it was a little freaky at first. But you get used to it.

A couple of days ago I was walking on astreet lined up with street vendors. The water from their food preparation was dumped nearby and it stank. But walk a few yards away and it smelled heavenly. Grilled chicken, octopus and a lot of unknown stuff was available. I didn't risk to buy anything. I don't even think I would try dog if I knew which one it was as I am curious about it.

But has a shark fin soup today which is apparently food for the rich. It tasted like chicken except for jellied fish bones with the occasional hard pieces of it. Good stuff although I have started eating KFC (tastes much better than what we have in the US, BTW, according to me and a few other Americans).

Uh - huh - blame the press. Amazing, China really has caught up with us.

Seriously though - I wonder if they guy really did FAKE the news story.... dang they fake everything.

It's also ironic that the one factory blamed the Filipino lab for not checking to see if the contaminated candy was fake or not........

Yet the GDP of China grew 11.9% last quarter. Simply astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back