Chinese Electric Car Doesn't Look Too Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geely Emgrand EV exterior styling isn't bad at all, looks like an ordinary car probably because it based on the existing internal-combustion model.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/18/geely-emgrand-ev-official/#slide-3709207

emgrand-ev-9-1.jpg

emgrand-ev-7-1.jpg

emgrand-ev-6-1.jpg

The Chinese have the talent to engineer well made products. The question is, do they have the oversight to make sure that happens.

If you live in the states, your chance of ever visiting a car dealer to purchase a Chinese made car is exactly zero. The American automobile assembly lines will be quickly converted to a war machine if the need ever arises.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
If you live in the states, your chance of ever visiting a car dealer to purchase a Chinese made car is exactly zero. The American automobile assembly lines will be quickly converted to a war machine if the need ever arises.

The Chinese are free to sell cars in the US if they choose, as US makers are free to sell in China

WHAT? Yea-And Hyundai made a piece of junk Excell and look at them now. AND GM is importing a mid size SUV made in China. Oh wait-I get it. Let the big guys import them so we can buy from them. But-just don't let the Chinese import them directly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN

WHAT? Yea-And Hyundai made a piece of junk Excell and look at them now. AND GM is importing a mid size SUV made in China. Oh wait-I get it. Let the big guys import them so we can buy from them. But-just don't let the Chinese import them directly.

Yes exactly because of tariff taxes.

Let me know when I can find a ChinaMart car dealership, and buy a new car out the door for $6,000 dollars. It's not going to happen in my life time. China could have basically killed off the budget car entry here in the USA years ago with gasoline engines.

The U.S. idiot military buys Made in China parts

Around 1960 American industry experts stated that Japanese cars would never make it in America.

From the perspective of 2015 one might consider that the statement was not accurate. It appears that Japanese cars are doing well.

Similar statements were made about Korean cars and Korean cars are also doing well.

China or India might be next.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Around 1960 American industry experts stated that Japanese cars would never make it in America.

From the perspective of 2015 one might consider that the statement was not accurate. It appears that Japanese cars are doing well.

Similar statements were made about Korean cars and Korean cars are also doing well.

China or India might be next.

There's a Chinese test vehicle that's been running around Fort Lauderdale the past couple of weeks. Covered in signs and telemetry equipment. Looked kind of like a Nissan Quest.

Chinese might be coming sooner than a lot of people think.

And sell of some of the last major manufacturing we have in this country to the Chinese yet again.

The race to third world status will really begin then.

No thanks. Think with your long-term head, not your short term wallet.

Originally Posted By: Quest
about 8yrs ago, BYD already released electric taxi (limited) to HK for trial run, using corolla chassis.

Q.

yeah, what happened to BYD? didn't Buffett invest in BYD and they were supposed to be a major global success?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

And sell of some of the last major manufacturing we have in this country to the Chinese yet again.

The race to third world status will really begin then.

No thanks. Think with your long-term head, not your short term wallet.

You are in a great big river of denial if you don't think for one minute there will be Chinese badge cars on American roads.....within the next 5 to 10 years.

Last edited:

You are in a great big river of denial if you don't think for one minute there will be Chinese badge cars on American roads.....within the next 5 to 10 years.

or chinese made "domestic" badge. would rednecks switch to foreign-badge domestic-made ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back