Chinese Battery for Samsung Galaxy Core Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered this High Capacity Battery for Samsung Galaxy Core Prime couple weeks ago, received it 3 days ago. Charged it over night to make sure it is full before use.

The last 2 nights it retained about 80-85% after 10 hours standby compares with 55-60% of the OEM battery.

For what I paid($5.99) shipped it is as cheap as can be. The price is up to $10 now.

I think all Li-on batteries for cell phones are made in China, so buying this Chinese battery from a Chinese seller isn't too bad.

The seller is some Chinese characters, whatever it is I have no idea.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014U7NSU2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Thats not considered high capacity by phone standards.. its more like regular capacity.

I generally lose 1 to 1.5% per hour.. depending on signal strength and extras turned on.

Less if it is dozing.. more if it has notifications popping off etc.

I like to leave mine plugged in overnight.. I have an old .72 amp charger and a 8ft cord.. works perfect.

During the day if I need a top up my computer or car will charge at up to 3amps (5volt)

Looks really sketchy if you ask me. The problem with inferior batteries comes with the quick charge which is abusive. I use Mugen Power batteries they're made in Japan. My note 4 battery is 6640 mah

Mugen Power?As in Honda aftermarket performance parts maker? I'd buy that in a heartbeat and made in Japan is a no brainer! JDM battery..love it
banana2.gif

Anyways, some of the aftermarket companies suck, i've even heard the Zerolemon batteries having issues with Quallcomm quick charge 2.0 and up since they get the batteries so hot. The other decent ones are Anker and Seidio. Pretty much all the others i have seen over inflate their ratings and they don't last a long time.

This mugen battery has been on for over a year and i use the heck out of it and quick charge it and nothing is wrong with it.

The true is I don't know much about smart phone and its battery.

OEM battery of Samsung Galaxy Core Prime is 2000 mAh, this battery give me 30% more power and I saw about 30% longer standby time.

I was looking for replacement that can extend standby time, I happened to found this for cheap so I tried it. So far it is working better than I expected.

If this battery isn't up to your standard, I am sorry.

Apparently it wasnt upto the reviewer's standards either.. 2 out of 3 bad reviews.

If you have a small scale weigh the new battery and the old battery. I bought a "gold" battery like that on eBay for my Nokia Lumia. It claimed much higher capacity than the OEM battery. Its weight was exactly the same, to the gram, as the original. I must have gotten a dud because it ran down faster than the original and the seller gave me a refund without having to send back the battery. If it's lasting longer than your original it's most likely because your original battery had lost some capacity. They all lose some double digit percentage of capacity every year, IIRC.

That's not saying the batteries are bad. I've gotten a few duds with OEM batteries. Could be because they have been around too long or perhaps QA isn't that great or they are counterfeit. Also, weight may not be an indicator of capacity.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The true is I don't know much about smart phone and its battery.

OEM battery of Samsung Galaxy Core Prime is 2000 mAh, this battery give me 30% more power and I saw about 30% longer standby time.

I was looking for replacement that can extend standby time, I happened to found this for cheap so I tried it. So far it is working better than I expected.

If this battery isn't up to your standard, I am sorry.

I am mostly concerned about the safety of your device with that battery. Just look at the Note 7 issues right now and you can see what happens.

We already know they are lying because that battery contains the same physical shape as the oem battery which is only 2,000 mah, there is no way they stuffed that much capacity into that thing. When quality Japanese cells (Like Mugen) replace oem batteries of the same size they typically only gain around 10-15% capacity and are ever so slightly thicker than oem.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Apparently it wasnt upto the reviewer's standards either.. 2 out of 3 bad reviews.

Yeah those reviews show what i would expect.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
If you have a small scale weigh the new battery and the old battery. I bought a "gold" battery like that on eBay for my Nokia Lumia. It claimed much higher capacity than the OEM battery. Its weight was exactly the same, to the gram, as the original. I must have gotten a dud because it ran down faster than the original and the seller gave me a refund without having to send back the battery. If it's lasting longer than your original it's most likely because your original battery had lost some capacity. They all lose some double digit percentage of capacity every year, IIRC.

That's not saying the batteries are bad. I've gotten a few duds with OEM batteries. Could be because they have been around too long or perhaps QA isn't that great or they are counterfeit. Also, weight may not be an indicator of capacity.

As I already posted, I don't know much about smart hone and its battery, I didn't know 1 year old battery can lost that much capacity in 1 year.

I had battery fully charged and by the end of the day it went black, it happened 3-4 times the last 4-5 weeks.

I had to replace that OEM battery and found this "Gold" battery for cheap. So far so good, the phone's battery still have over 50-55% capacity at the end of the day for 4 days, I will monitor battery condition daily and report back in about a month.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

I am mostly concerned about the safety of your device with that battery. Just look at the Note 7 issues right now and you can see what happens.

We already know they are lying because that battery contains the same physical shape as the oem battery which is only 2,000 mah, there is no way they stuffed that much capacity into that thing. When quality Japanese cells (Like Mugen) replace oem batteries of the same size they typically only gain around 10-15% capacity and are ever so slightly thicker than oem.

I agree on safety. That said, look at a constrained form factor, like the 18650, and how much more energy dense it has become over the past many years.

Add some derating on the OE one, some aggressive claims on the replacement, and some materials improvements over time, and lots is possible.

But these fly by night batteries do scare me. As I have a decent involvement with high technology batteries, I've seen plenty of examples of what they can do...

An article I read a few years ago stated that li-ion batteries lose about 20% of their capacity a year. That seemed like an awfully big number to me so I'm not sure I believe it. Or, maybe the technology has improved since then. I have found that if I keep a phone for two years, or longer, I get good results by replacing the battery at about the two year point. It's similar with my battery powered yard tools. I would also imagine you can find some small variance in the OEM batteries that are original to the phone.

Well the capacity of your OEM battery is pretty small, even for a not very power-hungry device, so I'm not too surprised that you burn through it in a day. I don't like generic replacement batteries, and would purchase one only if I had no other options. Who knows what the quality control is and there may or may not be other issues with generic batteries that could cause problems with your device. A claimed 2000mA battery is not exactly that. Its a "typical" capacity. It may be about 15% higher or lower on an individual battery, at least that's what I've read. I'd rather pay a little extra and buy OEM, although I would be disappointed in my phone not making it through a day (which is why I wouldn't consider a phone with such low battery capacity - its cheap for a reason). If the new battery seems better, you could try staying with it. Keep a close eye out for heat, especially when charging, and don't charge it an night by your bedside. Also regularly examine the battery fo rany signs of bulging and if you see it, discard the battery in the proper manner.

You should have bought an iPhone. That way, you would not have been able to replace the battery in the first place.

I bought a replacement battery for a samsung s4 mini 1 year into ownership. Thing made all sorts of claims and the packaging and marketing and price were impressive.

After initial use and dissappointment, I returned it to its packaging and 2.5 years later am still using the original Samsung battery.

I have a usb power meter. When the phone claims to be fully charged, the amps it accepts, in airplane mode with everything turned off indicates that the battery is still accepting amperage and that it was not fully charged as the phone indicated.

Likewise when I get the low battery warning at 15%, and shut phone completely down, when I turn it back on a few hours later, without having plugged it into charge, the phone will say ~35% remaining.

This leads me to believe it is not counting mAH in or out for determining % remaining, but is voltage based, which is never accurate on a device accepting amperage or consuming it and even less so on lithium chemistry batteries.

While battery life has never been impressive on my phone, I do not expect to buy a new battery anytime soon.

A USB source which can maintain 5.18v under a 1 amp load, and a quality 1' Micro usb cable help to recharge significantly faster than a longer cord and the Samsung provided USB source.

If recharge times are disappointing to you, try a quality short USB cable. I have one Kevlar sheathed Anker cable that claims to have fatter wires inside, and some 1' non kevlar Ankers too. All of them blow away the original Samsung provided cable in terms of voltage reaching the device. Voltage being electrical pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back