China’s electric car strategy is starting to go global

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed; I know I live in a Silicon Valley bubble. How many people drive 600 miles in a day?
Both examples are outliers.

They don't however imagine a winter ski trip to mountains of nearly 200 miles. Currently charging is lacking around New England(one here and there does not count) and your capacity of 600 miles drops to around 450 because using heat more AWD etc getting there/hills + load. Once charging becomes more prevalent no issue. But it lacks.

They don't however imagine a winter ski trip to mountains of nearly 200 miles. Currently charging is lacking around New England(one here and there does not count) and your capacity of 600 miles drops to around 450 because using heat more AWD etc getting there/hills + load. Once charging becomes more prevalent no issue. But it lacks.

I am watching the television series Long Way Up where they are riding electric motorcycles from the bottom of South America to Los Angeles along with two Rivian pickups for support. The hills, the cold temperatures and the headwinds really expose this critical point. Even charging the batteries in cold weather takes longer.

Granted, the show is a extreme example but in the case of mountain driving in the winter for example some lessons are obvious.

I am watching the television series Long Way Up where they are riding electric motorcycles from the bottom of South America to Los Angeles along with two Rivian pickups for support. The hills, the cold temperatures and the headwinds really expose this critical point. Even charging the batteries in cold weather takes longer.

Granted, the show is a extreme example but in the case of mountain driving in the winter for example some lessons are obvious.
There were a bunch of Tesla Model 3s from CA that went skiing last winter. The wait to get on a charger was horrendous.
And the charger bank was like 10 to 20 superchargers.
No thank you.

Spy photo of Tesla hybrid LT concept

38165984-B15E-48B6-BA18-EF6A6739925F.png
38165984-B15E-48B6-BA18-EF6A6739925F.png

It is the West that made China what it is today - a bully with an insatiable appetite for power and influence. They don't care about human rights, intellectual property, property rights and certainly not the territorial borders of their neighbors. When we buy Chinese stuff, we basically give them funds which they will use to buy more weapons. So basically, we are making our adversary stronger. I love it when American businessmen and celebrities do business with China yet claiming to care about human rights, but that's another topic.

Of course, our leaders have decided to make them the world's factory so we don't have much of a choice in purchasing many of the goods we consume. But we all have a responsibility in making conscious purchases. Know what you are buying, where it is designed and manufactured and under what conditions was it made under. We are all responsible for this world in some way or another even though our leaders have taken most of our power away.

Last edited:
Fearing China is already featuring fears of the past. The young TOGG for example could perform a more entertaining first impact around here among the workers replacing some of their VAGPorsche, BMW or Mercedes. Some of China and some of Daimler would be in the batteries from east Germany, even some Lithium could be produced at the border, but the Jeep-ish car itself would need to be feared as the neo-osmanic vehicle :) and the precedent set. There's so little base, size and solidity but so much compatibility out there in a world of electrons that not really China alone makes go round.

Fearing China is already featuring fears of the past. The young TOGG for example could perform a more entertaining first impact around here among the workers replacing some of their VAGPorsche, BMW or Mercedes. Some of China and some of Daimler would be in the batteries from east Germany, even some Lithium could be produced at the border, but the Jeep-ish car itself would need to be feared as the neo-osmanic vehicle :) and the precedent set. There's so little base, size and solidity but so much compatibility out there in a world of electrons that not really China alone makes go round.

Translation?

Would be hard to translate as long as your Mexico remains in an even worse state than our Turkey – and your Canada even more harmless than our Denmark, the owner of Greenland
c065.gif

Wonder who they stole the Tech from??

Makes no difference. You think they're ashamed of it or anyone's going to do something about it? That horse left the barn long ago.

Their infiltration into foreign nations has been spearheaded through government loan programs and construction assistance. I have many friends and some family living in the Caribbean where this deliberate march is painfully evident. Yet the average citizen sees it as progress for the nation and thanks the local government for making these infrastructure improvements that make their lives better. Little do they know they're being sold out by their government to a ruthless debt collector.

Last edited:
The freedom to embrace another scale of vision – beyond mosquito nets – and go for the attractive offer, as Yvonne Adhiambo Owuor recently put it.
One more Rallye Dakar in Arabia is okay, but it should be heading eastwards now, not returning to the spheres of United Fruit Republics, the Camel Trophies & the Marlboro Men. I'm with that Kenia and with that China no longer caring too much about the name of the next POTUS. Or of some european offal ministers, special waste exporters and clothing collectors.
Japan has the Landcruiser and the Patrol, China has at least the EQ6600ZT with Zhou Dian Xi's bigger diffs.

20090504_11ab703cc57492f6a47a4hS6crU26grK.jpg

Last edited:
OK. The points have been made. Folks can’t resist comments on China that reflect current, deeply divisive, political events. So, I’m locking it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back