China’s electric car strategy is starting to go global

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes a country has the advantage to leapfrog. China is in that position.

One time I was stuck in a airport with friends and debating our options. I was asked if we needed a hotel by a hotel representative. I said yes. She got out a little tablet and started to push buttons. She was able to reserve two rooms for us and arrange transportation to the hotel in moments. The price was reasonable and we agreed. The reservation was confirmed. Everything went as planned and we were able to relax until our flight was rebooked for the next day.

That was in Manila, 1994.

They are here now. The Volvo EV (Polestar) is made in China.
Good point!

However-I expect more " mass production" vehicles like the Tesla model 3 by the Chinese coming. Let's face it-they are not as complicated and have far less moving parts than their I.C.E. counterparts. If they can meet crash standards the Chinese will import them over here.

Caution BITOGers-

EVs by Chinese manufacturers will be on our roads. IMHO-5 years or less.
If the products are decent I am good with it. Our domestic auto industry minus Tesla has their heads in the sand in terms of the future.

To make it palatable just like some Euro and Japan/Korean automakers China will build their finally assembly here once demand picks up enough.

If the products are decent I am good with it. Our domestic auto industry minus Tesla has their heads in the sand in terms of the future.

To make it palatable just like some Euro and Japan/Korean automakers China will build their finally assembly here once demand picks up enough.

I would agree.................

I am waiting to see the Ford F-150. I understand the first ones will be a hybrid V6, with that amazing 10 speed transmission.
Sounds like a winner to me. The full electric model comes later.

I am waiting to see the Ford F-150. I understand the first ones will be a hybrid V6, with that amazing 10 speed transmission.
Sounds like a winner to me. The full electric model comes later.

The 10 speed (and nine speed) were jointly developed by GM and Ford. I guess each put their own tweaks in it.

And yet, $20K gets you an Altima that will go 600+ highway miles on a tank and achieves a real world fuel to wheel efficiency of over 30%. Something no EV can do.
Just hope we will get to choose … depends on age? because it might be forced on some generation

When you steal technology and ignore patents (and pay-off politicians in competing countries)...it's pretty easy to 'dominate'....

True, but they've also reached a tipping point where they are now becoming self sufficient and developing their own technology. Shenzhen is basically China's Silicon Valley. China's version of State Capitalism has propelled them to record growth. No country has gone from poor to prosperity so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back