Chili Bowl Nationals

Anyone else watching? It is streaming on MAVTV plus's Facebook page. Hard to decide between Yung Money Kyle Larson, Chase Briscoe, Rico Abreu, and Christopher Bell.

Anyone else watching? It is streaming on MAVTV plus's Facebook page. Hard to decide between Yung Money Kyle Larson, Chase Briscoe, Rico Abreu, and Christopher Bell.
Yep! Some awesome racing! I'm watching the Hondas. My nephew's company, 4 Piston Racing builds them. I think 2 or 3 of the 4 that entered are still alive.

Ethan Mitchell is one. He starts last in the B Feature 1. He actually may be the only one left. Not sure of the other drivers' names. I think one is Moffit. I don't see him anywhere, though.

Ethan Mitchell is one. He starts last in the B Feature 1. He actually may be the only one left. Not sure of the other drivers' names. I think one is Moffit. I don't see him anywhere, though.
Brett Moffitt maybe? He also races in the NASCAR Truck and Xfinity series.

I'm so happy it is streaming in an easy to watch way. My cable provider, Cox Communications, refuses to add MAV TV to their lineup.

Mitchell had a good week, but wound up 17th in that last race. He's a young kid and is getting better. My nephew is getting the itch to buy a car and enter it in Indiana Midget Week. I doubt he'll do it but he's sure excited about his engines. He thinks Mitchell is going to be really good one day. I think he's only 16 years old.

First off, glad C-Bell was ok after flipping through 3 and 4. But what a win for Yung Money!! Back to back Chili Bowl wins for Kyle Larson!!

I missed it. Just got too tired and had to throw in the towel. I'll watch it today. I don't think they were even close to running when I fell asleep.

Ugh Track Prep 500. Hope the A-Main is off the hook.
I agree that no one likes the break in action for track prep but I’d rather wait for a good show that follow the leader racing. Track prep is the key to fun dirt track racing. The show was good to watch!

On a side note I’m not sure if there is a better dirt track racer right now that Kyle Larson. I followed some All Star and World of Outlaw Sprints around the Midwest this last summer and he dominated. He was next level against the best of the best. Good to see him bounce back.

just my $0.02

Larson always puts on a show when I go to the Turkey Night Grand Prix at Ventura Raceway. The last one they ran, 2019, it was postponed to Black Friday and rained a couple times. Track prep after rain was miserable. Then the caution came out on the last lap of the A Main probably 5 times. I think we got out of there around 12:30 or so and I had to be at work the next morning at 7:30.

Ah dang you got me excited thinking this was about food.
Originally it was sponsored by a place called "Chili Bowl" and after the sponsorship ended, the name stuck.

Us people into racing can be a bit unique. For years now instead of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, my mom and I would go to the Turkey Night Grand Prix at Ventura Raceway. Some big names like Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell, Rico Abreu, Sunshine Tyler Courtney, Ricky Stenhouse JR, Chase Briscoe, among others, would be racing there along with the regular sprint and midget sprint car drivers. It was so weird last year having to actually plan a Thanksgiving dinner and not having hot dogs from the track's concession stand.

Back