chicken chili

Status
Not open for further replies.
experimenting with a chicken chili tonight...anyone make chicken chili?
whistle.gif

I make a chicken chili occasionally. A couple chicken breasts, a couple cups of cream cheese, diced tomatoes black beans, medium salsa and some seasoning. Takes 4-6 in the crock pot and it's delicious. I like using it as a hot dip for tortilla chips.

Not quite exactly "chicken chili" but close. About a week ago, I made some chili with ground turkey, and a finely diced chicken breast. The turkey was for general body, and the bits of chicken breast made for a nice bit of texture. Nice and hot too.. plenty of jalapeno, serrano, and cayenne in it.

thanks all, i understand chicken isn't traditianly used for chili, but indeed it was very good for dinner last night. i will make this again some time.
up early this morning preparing on snow storm, so i decided to make some enchiladas out of the left over chili.

had to use some package flour tortillas, which it turns out i don't mind package tortillas for flour enchiladas although i do prefer corn tortilla enchiladas, but i digress.

i made a home made enchilada sauce( boiled a single chile ancho-all i have at the moment) and used a can diced tomatoes to cut it down as my wife can't eat much spicy or hot food but i still spiced it up with garlic, onion, salt, pepper, cumin, etc....lightly

they are in the oven for 20 minutes or so, then i'll pull them out and add a slight amount of queso blanco(white cheese) just a small amount, i don't like to over power my dishes with cheese, the least amount just to flavor them a bit. Will likely fry a couple eggs and all good for breakfast and we are ready to push snow.
enjoy

p,s. got a pork roast thawing and will throw that in crock pot for dinner, it's going to be a long day with up to 8" snow!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back