Chick-Fil-A partners with company to convert used cooking oil to renewable fuels

Our CFA is a "public nuisance" and has to move to a different location because it is too popular.
WOW! We have the same issue now! They built it maybe 5 years ago? On a good size lot but even with a few drive up lanes, person in the large parking lot directing traffic, the traffic still backs up on the side road and the side road traffic backs up onto a major secondary road.
Its become a traffic nightmare. I cant even believe people will wait in line for fried food!

Actually it blows my mind how addicted to food we are a nation are and even more so, just the fact that people eat fried food in this day and age when they know how bad it is for you. When we moved here from NY 16 years ago, compared to NY this place was in the "country" 8 miles from a major dining and shopping area.
Our area has exploded since then and every fast food place you can think of is here now. I think to myself what did these people eat before this and I think the answer is healthy home cooked meals. :eek:)

Last edited:
Sitting on your flaccid bottom in a car to wait for fast food...PATHETIC.

There's a Starbucks nearby which provides a daily joke. We ask, "How many times around the building does the line of cars go?"

If I was the mayor of SB (assuming they have a "strong mayor" system) I'd send out the police department and after a warning, I'd issue tickets for blocking the road.

A relative is a police command officer. A cop in a nearby town was struck and killed while wrangling a fast food car line at a new Sonic. He giggled, possibly nervously. I got on him to the tune of, "How can you laugh off a dead man who was dispatched to facilitate fat bottomed pigs buying sugar-grease?" ps This occurred on a state highway. Yes, the Bozos who run things allow a line of cars to sit on a densely travelled highway.

CFA's grilled chicken sandwich is pretty good, so are grilled nuggets. It's the most polite an courteous of any fast food place, although i don't go to many, i go there for the grilled.

Would a renewable fuel made from oil like this, have a shorter life, say in a diesel tractor tank?

CFA's grilled chicken sandwich is pretty good, so are grilled nuggets. It's the most polite an courteous of any fast food place, although i don't go to many, i go there for the grilled.

Would a renewable fuel made from oil like this, have a shorter life, say in a diesel tractor tank?

I think 100% biodiesel is rarely used. The issues seem to be about gelling in fuel lines and leaving deposits. I think starting might be an issue too. But usually it's not 100%. Maybe 20% or possibly up to 90%. Supposedly unused process oil is better as a starting point for making biodiesel, but used oil is obviously a waste product that can't be reused as cooking oil.

However, 100% biodiesel has been tried.

Was it ever discovered what sort of addictive drug they're putting in their food to make people wait insane amounts of time for... a chicken biscuit... that increases in price seemingly every 2 weeks?

And yes they're the most efficient cattle trough in the area but those long lines way more than offset that efficiency in my area. Before I gave up on them, I clocked some 17 minute drive through visits with the average being about 12.

Was it ever discovered what sort of addictive drug they're putting in their food to make people wait insane amounts of time for... a chicken biscuit... that increases in price seemingly every 2 weeks?

And yes they're the most efficient cattle trough in the area but those long lines way more than offset that efficiency in my area. Before I gave up on them, I clocked some 17 minute drive through visits with the average being about 12.

I've never been there, but I can walk in and out of many places with a drive thru and still see the same people in their cars waiting. smh

Back