Chevy Silverado windows not working

Does anyone know how expensive it is to have a electric window fixed on a 2000 silverado? The thing quit years ago so I just always rolled the passenger side window down. Last week the passenger side quit working finally. Sooo me thinks It’s time to look into fixing them. I replaced all switches and didn’t fix the issue. So I assume the motor? I’d like to atleast fix the drivers side.

I have a 2003 Suburban.. my master control switch fixed one of my dead windows.. i got it used off of ebay for pretty cheap.

The motors can be tested by unplugging them and jumping a battery directly to the motor terminals. Usually the problem is not the motor.

More likely to have problems in the wires between the door and the frame, or a switch. The passenger window even controlled from its local switch still depends on parts in the driver's door. Check the door wires by wiggling them with the door open while holding the switch on.

The motors can be tested by unplugging them and jumping a battery directly to the motor terminals. Usually the problem is not the motor.

More likely to have problems in the wires between the door and the frame, or a switch. The passenger window even controlled from its local switch still depends on parts in the driver's door. Check the door wires by wiggling them with the door open while holding the switch on.
You have a good point there. When I took it to the shop years ago they were able to get it to roll up, if it went up wouldn’t think it would be the motor. I’m glad you said that because I forgot all about that

Around here the cable assembly usually corrodes, the only fix is to replace the motor and cable mechanism.

I have been trouble shooting this same issue with my 1997 Explorer, but all my windows worked at times then they would not work different day to day. Mk378 gives you where you need to start. Broken wire between the drivers door and the body, use volt/ohm meter see if you have 12 volts at the switch’s at the drivers door. My issue was not a broken wire at the door but a relay located under the dash, learned where the relay was located from a dedicated Explorer web site. Good Luck!

Back