Chevy Silverado Mileage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the process of trying to buy my first car, and I'm looking into getting a Chevy Silverado used. I'm aiming for somewhere around 2000- 2007. I've been looking for one with about 60,000 miles or less just to be safe, but it is downright impossible to find one. All of the ones I have seen are around 100,000- 150,000. I just don't know how long they will last. Does anyone know how many miles a silverado is usually good for?? I appreciate any help you can give me.

I sold my 2000 4x4 Silverado 4x4 ext cab with a 5 sp 4.8l a couple of years ago. It had a little under 60k and is a excellent truck.

Got 18-24mpg with it. There is a guy in the next town with his 2000 and he has close to 300k with it. Still on the original engine and auto trans.

Excellent trucks. I wish I still had mine.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
I sold my 2000 4x4 Silverado 4x4 ext cab with a 5 sp 4.8l a couple of years ago. It had a little under 60k and is a excellent truck.

Got 18-24mpg with it. There is a guy in the next town with his 2000 and he has close to 300k with it. Still on the original engine and auto trans.

Excellent trucks. I wish I still had mine.
frown.gif

Why did you sell it Bill?

Was not driving it too much and the wife needed a car. So we sold it for a great price and bought the 07 Outback.

In retrospect, I should have kept it since it was a rare one.

Oh well. Just like some guns I've sold.. Should have kept them too.

img0276a3qh.jpg

sigh....
frown.gif

Was not driving it too much and the wife needed a car. So we sold it for a great price and bought the 07 Outback.

In retrospect, I should have kept it since it was a rare one.

Oh well. Just like some guns I've sold.. Should have kept them too.

img0276a3qh.jpg

sigh....
frown.gif

Very nice truck Bill!

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I don't think I have ever seen an extended cab LS 4x4 with a manual...that is a very rare truck.
Ordered it.

Z71 with black interior was very rare. (Most had tan) and of course the Manual transmission with manual transfer case was VERY rare.

Dumb I am.... Oh well.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Very nice truck Bill!

Thanks...

Take care, bill

van5150halen said:
I'm in the process of trying to buy my first car, and I'm looking into getting a Chevy Silverado used. I'm aiming for somewhere around 2000- 2007. I've been looking for one with about 60,000 miles or less just to be safe, but it is downright impossible to find one. All of the ones I have seen are around 100,000- 150,000. I just don't know how long they will last. I appreciate any help you can give me. Does anyone know how many miles a silverado is usually good for??

How long will they last... 2 or 3 miles!

Originally Posted By: fordboy
van5150halen said:
I'm in the process of trying to buy my first car, and I'm looking into getting a Chevy Silverado used. I'm aiming for somewhere around 2000- 2007. I've been looking for one with about 60,000 miles or less just to be safe, but it is downright impossible to find one. All of the ones I have seen are around 100,000- 150,000. I just don't know how long they will last. I appreciate any help you can give me. Does anyone know how many miles a silverado is usually good for??

You should consider the Ford 150 or 250..They are really great trucks.

As are Silverados.

As are Dodge Rams.

Quote:
How long will they last... 2 or 3 miles!

Anyone who makes a statement like above gets automatically labeled.
smirk2.gif

Enough with the koolaid.
06.gif

The guy wants a Silverado. Did not ask about Fords.

Go make a thread about fords...

Last edited:
As are Silverados.

As are Dodge Rams.

Anyone who makes a statement like above gets automatically labeled.
smirk2.gif

Enough with the koolaid.
06.gif

The guy wants a Silverado. Did not ask about Fords.

Go make a thread about fords...

All I said was consider...Buy what ever you makes you happy.

Originally Posted By: van5150halen
I'm in the process of trying to buy my first car, and I'm looking into getting a Chevy Silverado used. I'm aiming for somewhere around 2000- 2007. I've been looking for one with about 60,000 miles or less just to be safe, but it is downright impossible to find one. All of the ones I have seen are around 100,000- 150,000. I just don't know how long they will last. Does anyone know how many miles a silverado is usually good for?? I appreciate any help you can give me.

Used cars are a risk, period. Whether they have 25k or 150k, there could be things wrong with it.

Most used cars need some amount of work. Of the used cars that my friends have bought, many of them were due for brakes, tires, driveline fluid changes and cabin air filters.

When you purchase a high mileage car (over 100k), you also have to worry about the transmission, certain engine accessories and emission related components. Many transmissions are on their last legs by 150k. At 150k, the car may also need a water pump or a radiator. It may also need an oxygen sensor and/or a catalytic converter ($$$).

I'm not saying that every used car will need all of those items done, but there's a good chance that it'll require some amount of work. The older the car, the more things that could potentially go wrong, so keep that in mind.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back