Chevy love it or return it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: sciphi
Folks are snapping up Cruzes,

From Autoblog.com:

Quote:
Over 1.5 million deliveries – admittedly 46 percent to rental fleets, 12 percent to company car fleets and 42 percent as private purchases

Nearly 60 percent of sales to fleet and rentals? Just 42 percent of sales to the general public? Sounds like the only people snapping them up are the rental companies, which will put them on the used car market in a couple years and drive the value down. Those type of low profit sales part of what got GM in trouble in the first place.

Being a darling of rentals and fleets isn't something to get excited about, and that's clearly where the bulk of the Cruze sales are going.

Other companies have done the "Love it or return it" promotion in the past to mixed success. It's simply a marketing tool to attempt to drive people into the showrooms. GM wants to increase their share price (which is currently very, very poor) and is doing whatever it takes to try to boost private party sales in order to pull their stock price up. It's an act of desperation rather than product confidence.

Catch 22 here. It doesn't happen often (anymore, anyways), but a bunch of fleet order were (ordered up, no heavy discounts) within the last month or so, hense the large fleet order this time around. Heck, our local energy company (DTE) ordered ordered 100 Cruzes, and they have not ordered that many cars in a while. Seems like many companies needed cruzes, not just Hertz....

Large amounts of units sold NEVER got anyone into trouble. It's a good thing.

If they have inventory that reduces prices even further.

The Cruze is a legitimate contender, and stacks up well against the imports.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
The Cruze must be pretty popular I see them everywhere.

I too see them everywhere. I must say I really like how they look and it may, in a year or two, replace the Buick if I can't find a good deal on the New Regal or the Buick version of the Cruze.

I've got a 2012 Cruze LT that I have been very happy with. It's got 9k on it now, no problems or issues. Had the engine fire recall done last week...I wasn't thrilled about it, but it is what it is. Car is very quiet and smooth for what it is. 38-39 highway mpg is easily attainable.

Originally Posted By: daddi
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
The Cruze must be pretty popular I see them everywhere.

I too see them everywhere. I must say I really like how they look and it may, in a year or two, replace the Buick if I can't find a good deal on the New Regal or the Buick version of the Cruze.

I've got a 2012 Cruze LT that I have been very happy with. It's got 9k on it now, no problems or issues. Had the engine fire recall done last week...I wasn't thrilled about it, but it is what it is. Car is very quiet and smooth for what it is. 38-39 highway mpg is easily attainable.

My 2011 LT 'only' mangaged 34 mpg on a trip to Florida.
I would have had to keep it at 60 mph to achieve 38 or 39 if at all. Chevy did make some gearing changes to the 2012 (which is disappointing to owners of 2011's)

Originally Posted By: pbm
daddi I've got a 2012 Cruze LT that I have been very happy with. It's got 9k on it now said:
If I keep my Eco MT at 60 it'll get north of 50. I've seen that about 15 times in the 10 months I've had my Cruze. With the cruise on at 62 mph it got 48 mpg on a 80 mile trip over the rolling hills of NY's Southern Tier. Lifetime I've averaged 43 mpg for small-town and rural highway driving.

Same engine, very different transmission gearing in all our Cruzes. What a difference it makes in fuel mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back