chevy equinox-video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this video has been discussed. But really raised my eye brown. Is this a normal Chevy quality and service?

Originally Posted By: 2008wrx
I am not sure if this video has been discussed. But really raised my eye brown.

Don't you mean brown eye?

Eh, sounds like he has three issues. Bad headliner, not meeting EPA mileage estimates, power steering warning. None of those are a big deal.

Does sound like his dealer is terrible. I'd have a beef with them, not Chevy. Though the headliner is absurd.

I have a 2012 with 17,000 miles on it. I have not had any of those problems. The EPA estimate? We have gotten that on the highway running from Seattle to Portland. It won't get that all the time. It is impossible.
Where is he driving? That is 32 Highway. We average right around 22 to 23 mpg in mixed driving. Better than I expected for a heavy CUV with 4 cyl engine.

Sounds like a bad dealership. I have not heard of any other power steering problems or headliner issues.
The headliner one is odd and I would be a bit upset,but it should be an easy fix.

I've seen this video before, no reason for these issues on a new car. And the quality, or lack thereof is apparent.I have heard plenty of these with the 2.4 buzzing abd slacking around town

6 days to get an appointment is not that bad. That is better than what I recently experienced with my Hyundai dealer, who initially wanted me to schedule something 17 days out [but found a way to fit me in within 5 days due to the nature of the problem].

I was seriously considering an Equinox or Terrain as my next vehicle, but then see videos such as this which give me pause. I have owned 5 GM cars over the decades and they all had problems. Some more than others.

The headliner just needs to be replaced under warranty. That should be a no questions asked fix. The seat belt recall should also be easy. The power steering issue may be a little harder to resolve unless a code was stored or the dealer can reproduce the problem and figure it out.

I understand the guy's frustration with his brand new car, but he needs to give the dealer a chance to start solving the problems. He may literally be 6 days away from being satisfied, but needs to at least give the dealer a chance to look at it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back