Chevy cruze oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had an oil change at 31,513 miles. I get rid of this car at 39,000 miles, so likely will be gone shortly before that mileage. Now my question is since I had a QS synthetic blend oil and most likely "el-cheapo" oil filter put on by the service dep't, do you think this oil will hold up till then? I'm at 35,400 now and at 61%. Thanks guys and God bless

Last edited:
If you want to screw the next owner, or just don't care, sure.

If you want to do the right thing, change it.

Decisions.....

BUT based on the manufacturer's recommendations, which I'm sure says to follow the OLM, I wouldn't change it.

Okay. I don't want to screw anyone and I care since I am asking here! I think I will try and turn it in a tad earlier and hopefully the OLM is above 25%. Never has this car gone below 33%

I bought a used Pontiac Grand Am one time, and the previous owner had gone 70,000 KM between oil changes one time. (i had all his records) Car ran fine with 200,000KM and I kept it for two years and sold it for $200 more than i paid

As a Cruze owner I believe your OLM will show life at 39K....(probably close to 25%)....Your conscience can rest easy if you don't change the oil before turning it in (I assume it's a lease) since GM's OLM say's the oil still has life ....

Eh, you're following the OLM that I believe is set for conventional. If that's the case, the oil should be fine even when the OLM gets down to 25%.

Why not follow the OLM? I don't think having "fresher" oil life % will add much resale (assuming you're selling it, or is this a lease return?).

If the oil life monitor isn't at 0% it doesn't "need" changed. Is this a lease? Whoever gets it will probably change it before they sell it on their lot anyway.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
If the oil life monitor isn't at 0% it doesn't "need" changed. Is this a lease? Whoever gets it will probably change it before they sell it on their lot anyway.

+1

If the car's in good shape, there's a good chance it'll get put it out as a CPO. They'll change the oil and do any other maintenance it may need to meet CPO standards.

Dealers usually buy lease turn ins at auction. Don't waste your money on an oil change - the dealer will change it again anyway before they sell it. It's cheap insurance for them and the customers expect a fresh oil change when they buy a car from a dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back