Chevy cruze hesitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my '12 Chevy cruze 1.8L had a brief (within 20 miles it happened 3-4 times) time frame where as I was cruising in 6th gear the engine felt like it was hesitating and felt "bumpy". Now granted I have almost 5K miles on some syn-blend oil, but I highly doubt that could be reason for this. Anyone have any ideas? I plan on trading this in soon so I need to fix anything a.s.a.p.

At least take the car to Auto Zone and have them use the scan tool for "pending codes". They do not light the CEL, but will be stored for rare events that could signal more problems down the road.

Last edited:
I don't believe it HAS an external filter on these. Ditto on the scan check and try some "different" fresh gas from a different station, to start with.... Keep an eye on it for similar trouble in future and then recheck for issues/check engine light on if it reoccurs.

Have you thrown in any Techron or other PEA-based cleaner lately? I find that my 1.4T powered Cruze benefits from a regular dose of PEA.

Also, were you running the A/C at all? There could have been a correlation between a small hill and the compressor kicking on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back