Chevy 1004 HP crate motor

Interesting that car makers, especially the Big 3, are still investing in the ICE horsepower war. I thought Dodge might have been the last gauntlet thrown down.

Would be hilarious to see one of these tossed in a C3 Vette. If it could even fit.

I wonder if theyre looking to use something like this as a HD pickup / larger chassis (bus, dumptruck, etc.) gas engine? Essentially stomp on the Ford 7.3L??

Article says its made for racing, but its also an iron block engine... Wonder where else it will go?

I wonder if theyre looking to use something like this as a HD pickup / larger chassis (bus, dumptruck, etc.) gas engine? Essentially stomp on the Ford 7.3L??

Article says its made for racing, but its also an iron block engine... Wonder where else it will go?
Possible, but it seems doubtful. The Ford 7.3 isn't that impressive out of the box. Chevrolet's modern LT-motors are more power efficient as far as power per cubic inch. The LT1 makes similar power out of a 6.2. Chevrolet could match the displacement of Ford's 7.3 and make more power.

It won't go anywhere. It's a big block crate engine, like the dozen other big block crate engines Chevrolet makes that haven't made their way into any other production vehicle.

It's a swan song to poop on Mopar's Hellephant crate engine (which also isn't going into any production vehicle). Chevrolet made more power with no supercharger. Yay, I guess?

WOW what a stomper! 632 CID is around 10.35L, that's 1.3 liters per cylinder. Holy crap. I wonder what the actual price will be...

WOW what a stomper! 632 CID is around 10.35L, that's 1.3 liters per cylinder. Holy crap. I wonder what the actual price will be...
Listed at $16,300, but I bet the actual price will be higher. There are well-known aftermarket companies that have shortages selling parts for the small-block Chevy. I’m betting the aftermarket won’t pay much attention to this one.

Listed at $16,300, but I bet the actual price will be higher. There are well-known aftermarket companies that have shortages selling parts for the small-block Chevy. I’m betting the aftermarket won’t pay much attention to this one.
"Pricing hasn't been announced, but the 621-hp ZZ572/620 with which it shares an engine block mold goes for $16,304.82. Expect this to land north of that figure."

If you want more of a bargain, Blueprint Engines has a 632ci short block for $5899, although it's currently listed as being sold out:

Seems like a grown up version of the high revving Japanese 4 bangers used in motorcycles and the Honda S2000 that make 100HP/L
Maybe not, looks like cam in block.

Seems like a decent boat motor.

I see no use case in a modern vehicle for sale unless they make a speciality one off of Camaro or Caddy.

I don’t see any use case in a truck again unless a specific high output limited production model.

Seems like a grown up version of the high revving Japanese 4 bangers used in motorcycles and the Honda S2000 that make 100HP/L
Maybe not, looks like cam in block.
Seems like a decent boat motor.

I see no use case in a modern vehicle for sale unless they make a speciality one off of Camaro or Caddy.

I don’t see any use case in a truck again unless a specific high output limited production model.
You guys are aware this thing is basically just an old big-block Chevy, right?

You guys are aware this thing is basically just an old big-block Chevy, right?
Yeah, so like GM just went down to the junkyard and got some tall deck 366's, then bored and stroked them to 632? (Just kidding, you're stretching a point too far.)
There's more going on here than that. Look at the shape of the cylinder head castings, and the intake manifold attachment to the cylinder head intake port face. GM invested in some new castings to go on their "old" big block Chevy.

Yeah, so like GM just went down to the junkyard and got some tall deck 366's, then bored and stroked them to 632? (Just kidding, you're stretching a point too far.)
There's more going on here than that. Look at the shape of the cylinder head castings, and the intake manifold attachment to the cylinder head intake port face. GM invested in some new castings to go on their "old" big block Chevy.
You completely disregarded 'basically' and zeroed in on 'old'?

It's a modern version of a 55+ year old design. Of course it's been tweaked and massaged. Jeez.

Back