Chevron with techron better around town or highway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have much luck with the Chevron and techron claims. I used it exclusively in my wifes car, mid-grade or premium. I cleaned the throttle body out one summer and got to look in at the intake and it was filthy dirty. I dont use it anymore, I did put a pile of fuel cleaners in after that. now I only run BP and last time I had the throttle body off it was nice and clean in there. Bp may not be a top tier gas, but I get better performance and better gas milelage off it. It could be my area, but it shouldnt.

When using a bottle, I personally prefer to have lots of chances for the engine to get fully hot, but not use all of it at once... Therefore I like a good number of town drives, as I figure then the remnants of the add sprayed on the valves remain for some amount of time, each time the car is shut down.

May not be right, but for better or worse, Ive never had an issue with dirty fuel systems...

Originally Posted By: bigsteve
I would like to know if Chevron with techron engine cleaner is better if use driving around town or highway?

bigsteve,

I would think it would be best if you drive in the city and when your parked you allow the additive to soak inside to clean the pistols etc. Too my way of thinking you get more value buy this process instead of driving the highways and burning it. To increase it's potency consider additing a big bottle of techron as a supplement.

Durango

A dirty throttle body will NEVER get cleaned by the additive put in the gas tank. I do not understand why you were expecting clean throttle body after putting Techron in the gas tank.

- Vikas

I'm assuming that Panzerman meant that he was looking in at the intake valves after he took off the throttle body.

or somethings wrong with the air filtration. check out my brew, i mixed some 2 oz LC20 w/ 2oz Redline SI-1 in a spray bottle and shot it all into the open intake runners w/ hot engine off. crank w/o start once during it to cycle a little

let soak 20 min then started for about 10 sec then shut down. made a smoke screen so glad i was in a deserted parking lot. shot out the intake with throttle body cleaner and drove away.
white smoke lasted a good 5 min then gone. noticed some smoothness and instant throttle response after

Originally Posted By: Samilcar
I'm assuming that Panzerman meant that he was looking in at the intake valves after he took off the throttle body.
Yeah, thats what I meant, not on the air cleaner side of the throttle body, but the other side. It was cruddy. Fuel cleaners and different fuel cleaned it out, I didnt do anything else and now its clean.

Absolutely better to drive around city than to drive at high speeds, just as Durango noted... Techron works better given time to absorb into deposits and clean them up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back