Chevron Techron - different labels / same product?

So I was gonna get some Chevron Techron Conc. PLUS and noticed that the images on Advance Auto / AutoZone are different than the ones on Amazon and Chevron website...
ON TOP
The left upper corner of label is BLUE on amazon and chevron sites,

ON BOTTOM: on AZ and AA , the left upper corner is WHITE.... and the design is a bit different too..
I am ALMOST sure it's just a marketing thing, but I am curious if anyone else noticed it...

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

[Linked Image from shop.advanceautoparts.com]

Last edited:
Those appear to be the exact same product should be the roughly 32% by weight PEA that it's been for a long time. Now the Injector cleaner is only 5-10% PEA

What I grabbed at Walmart a few days back was the blue label …
maybe that's the latest greatest label and same good juice

I used a "newer bottle" just yesterday and the paper attachment said that the bottle's revised shape was to aid when using with flush mounted fuel caps.

Also, take your last look at the "Autoweek Readers Choice" award as Autoweek is no more. I got a letter offering Car & Driver as a substitute or a refund of my remaining subscription.

THAT seriously bummed me out.

In fact, I'll entertain any notion that says COVID-19's propagation was a direct result of Autoweek's folding.

Originally Posted by Kira
I used a "newer bottle" just yesterday and the paper attachment said that the bottle's revised shape was to aid when using with flush mounted fuel caps.

Also, take your last look at the "Autoweek Readers Choice" award as Autoweek is no more. I got a letter offering Car & Driver as a substitute or a refund of my remaining subscription.

THAT seriously bummed me out.

In fact, I'll entertain any notion that says COVID-19's propagation was a direct result of Autoweek's folding.

If you're looking at a difficult bottle shape to work with, try the one Red Line uses for SI-1.

I also haven't seen anything noting that Autoweek folded. They're online-only right now, and they have articles that are dated today.

Originally Posted by Kira
Online only ? ! I had no idea. Everything I read was "so final".

Many thanks. I'm going to check now.

Here's the official announcement:

https://www.hearstautos.com/in-the-news/hearst-autos-operate-autoweek-digital-and-experiential-brand
NEW YORK, NY (October 14, 2019) - Hearst Magazines today announced a multi-year agreement with Crain Communications to operate Autoweek as a digital and experiential brand. Hearst Autos, a division of Hearst Magazines and the world's leading automotive media entity, will produce the digital publication on Autoweek.com, which will be hosted on Hearst Magazines' proprietary content platform, MediaOS. The announcement was made by Hearst Magazines President Troy Young, Hearst Autos Chief Executive Officer Matt Sanchez and Crain Communications President and Chief Operating Officer KC Crain.

Hyundai Genuine Fuel System Cleaner Plus ( 00232-19047 ) is Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner . The cost is outrageous !
shocked.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by odie
Hyundai Genuine Fuel System Cleaner Plus ( 00232-19047 ) is Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner . The cost is outrageous !
shocked.gif

So are the OEM outboard motor products … some are a stronger dose, but when the B1G1F deals come around … that's my ++ dose ⛽ï¸

shocked.gif

Hyundai is a 20 ounce bottle .

Last edited:
Back