Chevron Synthetic or Mobil SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time for the second oil change for my car. Should I stick with Mobil 1 or is the Chevron Supreme Synthetic 5-30 just as good. I've got both in my garage. For the filter I'm using a K&N HP1010 filter.
cheers.gif
grin.gif

Tough one. Honestly, I think Chevron Supreme is a fantastic oil. What kind of drain interval are you attempting and what type of car?

Well, Chevron Supreme is really a good oil. You have many choices and you really need to see what works for your engine. German Castrol, Amsoil ASL, Mobil 1 10w-30 are all great choices. It's tough to say. I personally like Amsoil 5w/10w-30 right now for the money. I don't think they can be beat. I'd ask Pablo or Tooslick about a price on one of those two oils.

Well-If I had the Chevron in my Garage, I'd probably use it. U could do a used oil analysis on it. Who knows it could be better than the Mobil 1
dunno.gif

It is hard to beat Mobil 1 in my opinion. UOA on this stuff are excellent. Redline or Amsoil which cost more may be better. Just stick with Mobil 1 and you won't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back