Chevron Synthetic 10W-30 (Silver bottle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with Chevron Synthetic 10W-30? Costco is carrying it in the Phoenix area for 19.99/6-quarts which is cheaper than Mobile 1

It's got awesome specs per the Chevron data sheets, and that is an awesome price. I can get it for $3.49/quart at my local grocery store of all places.

From MSDS it looks like it's mostly Group III.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
dunno.gif

True, but if you can find a deal on it, it's good stuff. The data sheets between it and Havoline synthetic are not identical but close enough for government work.

You hit the nail squarely on the head, Drew. Those data sheet "differences" may really only reflect different production runs. There'll always be some measurable variability.

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:

quote:

dunno.gif

True, but if you can find a deal on it, it's good stuff. The data sheets between it and Havoline synthetic are not identical but close enough for government work.

Cool. What's the best price you've bought it for?

I'd buy the stuff for $3.00 to $3.75 per quart ... but not more than that.

Like Shell Rotella T 5W-40, this stuff looks like a very good deal ... but assume it's a Group III oil and not a 'true' PAO/ester synthetic.

--- Bror Jace

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:

quote:

dunno.gif

Cool. What's the best price you've bought it for?

Never actually bought any except Havoline for $1.99 at the Autozone clear out. Other than that, $3.49 at King Supers grocery store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back