Chevron Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

New to the site. Been lurking around and have been reading up on some of the info that's on here. Great stuff and definitely lots to learn.

Got a question for some of you though. How much is the Chevron Supreme (5w30)in the states at Costco? Is there a cheaper place to get this oil? I've read some good reviews of this oil and I'm planning to use it in my v6 07 rav4.

Any recommendations for dino oil for the toyota? I don't have any intentions of going synthetic as I change my oil very often so I won't yield the benefits of it.

Thanks

I can't answer your question but I did want to take the opportunity to
welcome.gif
you!

About $23 for 12 qts. a few months ago.

Can be had for cheaper at Kragen with a coupon. Even cheaper with a Mail-In-Rebate.

thanks for the welcome!

hm...seems pretty cheap. Yeah the whole mail in rebate thing won't work out well for me since i'm in Canada. I'll be heading down to costco to pick up a couple cases of the chevron supreme oil. It's cheap and I like the numbers that I'm seeing.

I had an 04 Mazda3 and ran the motorcraft 5w20 oil in it. No problems and it was slick. Looked new even after 6,000kms

dont you have any local auto parts stores - check in with them there has to be some kind of canadian deal going on

A quick question about this oil. How does it compare against the Motorcraft?

Last time in the shop where I change the oil they run out of motorcraft and offered me Chevron Supreme. I don't know how it is, so I passed and I bought Motorcraft in other place. BTW I use 5w30 in a 99 2.2L Chevy S10.

Quote:

dont you have any local auto parts stores - check in with them there has to be some kind of canadian deal going on

Chevron oil is almost nonexistent here. The only place I've ever seen it is Chevron gas stations where it's around $4 a quart.

Quote:

Quote:

Chevron oil is almost nonexistent here. The only place I've ever seen it is Chevron gas stations where it's around $4 a quart.

Ohh even when you have somewhat plentiful Chevrons, they still do not stock any 5w-20 anyhow and when you ask a cashier if they can order it, they give your that stupid clueless look like why did you ask that.

I am so glad I never found it because I wouldn't change the below order of oils I have used since the birth of my car.

Rancid,
I live in Seattle and the Chevron Supreme ends up being $1.75 or.78/qt at Costco or roughly $21US.

FWIW, I just got a case at Schucks for .79/qt with the mail in rebate they have going on until October 28th. I used to buy all my oil at Walmart thinking I was getting a good deal! Man was I wrong
nono.gif
. I just got a case of Castrol GTX for .99/qt with a mail in rebate from Schucks as well. I'm good to go for a while now and saved more than 50% of what I used to spend.
Pika

man...I'm missing out on the rebates. Kinda sucks but oh well. I'll be buying a few cases when I head down for a little bit of shopping. Coincidentally, I'll be down in Seattle sometime next week or so. I'll be sure to check it out.

For the mail in rebates, do we have to have a valid home address in the states or can I send it to any address in the states? It won't be a PO box for sure.

yeah, chevron supreme is expensive in Canada. Even the local stuff like Petro Canada motor oil is expensive. Stuff is a rip off compared to the other oils you can get at 5 bucks a quart.

Thanks for the response guys! Looking at the numbers and results, the motorcraft and chevron supreme are very comparable. Motorcraft is a synthetic blend and the numbers are very good for the oil.

castrol gtx and pennzoil yellow bottle 5W30 are supossed to be pretty good. The comments and uoa's I have read here show it is pretty good for 5K intervals. I am running the pennzoil yellow bottle 5W30 in my 08 corolla.

have you noticed a change in fuel economy? I read in a few threads that the chevron is slick so it helps with fuel economy which would be nice. My rav has a v6 so it does suck up a little more gas.

Quote:

Hey,

New to the site. Been lurking around and have been reading up on some of the info that's on here. Great stuff and definitely lots to learn.

Got a question for some of you though. How much is the Chevron Supreme (5w30)in the states at Costco? Is there a cheaper place to get this oil? I've read some good reviews of this oil and I'm planning to use it in my v6 07 rav4.

Any recommendations for dino oil for the toyota? I don't have any intentions of going synthetic as I change my oil very often so I won't yield the benefits of it.

Thanks

What can I tell you, Chevron is good if not great oil but its availability is scarce OTC and also too I am a firm believer that you should use what your car manuf uses atleast to break in the car for whatever xxxx miles you think, for me break-in was more like xxxxx as in 21,500 of straight dino + FF oil before I used any semi-synthetics and eventually synthetics (so my car has the experience of synthetic for the future (summer time perhaps?)) Otherwise I would have probably sought out the Chevron but I ---- great results with the DC series and whatever moly it had. apparently, it was enough for Honda as well..well enough to be used as its FF.

Chevron Supreme seems to be in abundance at the local AutoZones and Checkers...not sure at the other places though... I got a 5 qt jug at AZ for $11.35 or something like that.

hmm...I'll be sure to checkout autozone and costco. I don't think there's a big lots around the bellingham area is there? I don't recall seeing one around.

I buy Chevron Supreme for my spouse's Volvo whenever I see Schuck's sale. With rebate, this comes out to $0.79/qt!
When I lived in Salem, OR, I found a neat sporting goods store called GI Joe's. They recently opened one in Boise. They have an auto section with pretty good oil selection to include Chevron products. They shortened the name to Joe's. There is one in Bellingham, WA per their website.

Quote:

...For the mail in rebates, do we have to have a valid home address in the states or can I send it to any address in the states? It won't be a PO box for sure.

Rancid,
I just read the terms on my copy of the rebate submission. Looks like all you need is a valid US address. It doesn't say whether or not a P.O. Box is acceptable.

BTW, I was just at Costco...The Chevron Supreme works out to $1.74/qt in the cases.
Pika

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back