Chevron Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all these places that stock Chevron Supreme you never see Chevron Supreme Synthetic. I wonder why.

Ahhh, but just think how exclusive and special you'll feel once you finally get it.
wink.gif

You don't see it because it's a slow seller. The company is known for their fine dino oils. The synthetic formulation is quite different. The same goes for Havoline synthetic. Some stores in Michigan were discontinuing Havoline Synthetic for $1.00-$1.50 quart.

Mobil1 is the reason why you don't see Chevron Supreme synthetic (or the Havoline synth counterpart). Exxon-Mobil owns the synth market.

Why buy Chevron Syn when you can get Normal Chevron for 49 cents a quart.
grin.gif

You'll never beat that deal. Period.
spaz.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

http://www.partsamerica.com/Default.aspx

This is the site for Kragen/Checker/Schucks. When you finally get to the synthetic motor oil page, click on where it says "store availability" and that will tell you which of the stores in your area has it. Somewhere on the site they will make you enter your zip code. Happy hunting!

It is available in bulk for commercial fleets. My guess is that Chevron has decided the economics don't justify selling it to the consumer market.

I tell you what guys, I'm all kinds of impressed with the Chevron Supreme 10w-30 in my little Buick. A nice smooth quiet idle and excellent throttle response; couldn't ask for more.

What I'm thinking of doing on my next OCI is: (since Chevron blend is scarce) is mixing my own blend of 50/50 Chevron synthetic with Chevron Supreme.
grin.gif

P.S. They got Chevron high milage out here too.
grin.gif

Chevron Supreme conventional's excellent oil. I used either it or its corporate companion product, Havoline conventional, in the 10W-30 flavor in my Hyundai V6 over the past 3+ years I've owned the car. No regrets. The one exception was my previous oil change - found several bottles and partial bottles of various brands dating all the way back to SH, dumped 'em in, and screwed on a SuperTech oil filter. Even that UOA came out fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back