chevron supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1990 ford bronco xlt 351W. It has 173,000 miles and uses no oil
grin.gif
. chevron is supposed to be a great oil, but why are there some rumors of it thinning out, It gets 70 degrees max right now on the coast and am using 10w-40. should I keep using it? Just wanted the truth on this oil
cool.gif

Dipstick01

quote:

Originally posted by dipstick01:
grin.gif
. chevron is supposed to be a great oil, but why are there some rumors of it thinning out, It gets 70 degrees max right now on the coast and am using 10w-40. should I keep using it? Just wanted the truth on this oil
cool.gif

Dipstick01

Don't sweat it, buddy. I use dino 10w-40 Castrol GTX in my little rice burner, sure it thins out some, but who cares? At its thinnest, it will still be around a 30-weight, and that's enough to keep your engine together.

I had a Bronco 351 v-8 once, and I used 20w-50 GTX and straight dino 30 weight monograde. I think I liked the straight 30 weight more. If you are worried about thinning out, why not try Chevron Delo 15w-40? There is also Chevron Supreme 20w-50.

quote:

Originally posted by dipstick01:
grin.gif
cool.gif

Dipstick01

Any 10w-40 mineral based oil will most likely thin out to a 30-weight (just like 5w-30 mineral oil).

With that said, Chevron Supreme is among the best mineral oil out there...

I like Chevron Supreme but the 10W40 has not looked terribly impressive.

My guess is it's their 10W30 with a little cheap VII added.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back