Chevron Supreme with moly?(check the bottle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up 20 quarts of Chevron Supreme at O'Reily's yesterday.Got a 12 quart case(unopened) and 8 loose bottles.They have Wix filters there and I got all that I could for my car! Does anyone know when Chevron started putting Moly in the oil? I noticed on the back of the bottle on the bottom left there is printed alphanumeric code and at the end there is a date.All 8 of the loose bottles have this: BN847341T02/10/03 .All 12 bottles from the case say: BN802868T 3/21/03 .I read the Ups label on the box and it stated "weekly oil order" I guess this O'reily's gets the oil fresh every week.
cheers.gif
Would both kinds of bottles have the moly in it or just the freshest one?
confused.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Mr TCar:
Picked up 20 quarts of Chevron Supreme at O'Reily's yesterday.Got a 12 quart case(unopened) and 8 loose bottles.They have Wix filters there and I got all that I could for my car! Does anyone know when Chevron started putting Moly in the oil? I noticed on the back of the bottle on the bottom left there is printed alphanumeric code and at the end there is a date.All 8 of the loose bottles have this: BN847341T02/10/03 .All 12 bottles from the case say: BN802868T 3/21/03 .I read the Ups label on the box and it stated "weekly oil order" I guess this O'reily's gets the oil fresh every week.
cheers.gif
Would both kinds of bottles have the moly in it or just the freshest one?
confused.gif

I didn't know Chevron had started putting moly in their oil? Where did you hear that? Did I miss something on here about it?

Its started to show up in a few UOA's and supposedly someone gt word from Chevron that moly has made its way in there. Even more of a bargain at $1 a quart if true.

This is affirmative. I called the consumer questions number on the back of the bottle and the guy said that they don't put moly in any of their oils and he was stern about it.Maybe the moly just stays in there for a long time and doesn't come out when you change the oil.I still like Chevron oil and gas!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Mr TCar:
This is affirmative. I called the consumer questions number on the back of the bottle and the guy said that they don't put moly in any of their oils and he was stern about it.Maybe the moly just stays in there for a long time and doesn't come out when you change the oil.I still like Chevron oil and gas!
smile.gif

This is what I figured. Unless we start seeing Chevron UOAs with significant amounts of moly (>40ppm), I suspect if any moly shows up, it's trace amounts left over from previously used oils, or from other sources in the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back