Chevron Supreme...where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

What's the best place to but Chevron Supreme in quantity...assuming you don't live near a Costco...is their price worth traveling to one...maybe they ship free like Walmart? Have a friend looking to purchase between 350-400 quarts of a quality oil...was thinking this or formula shell?

Try amazon. Also they running a rebate now. $5 off 5 qts. Supreme is excellent stuff. Am curious though, why so much oil?

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Chevron gas stations have them in quarts at a decent price.
not here! $8.99/qt at the chevron station

You're in California. It's like $3.99 or something like that in Texas.

Check Amazon, a Chevron distributor, or an oil distributor in general. I've purchased from http://petroleumservicecompany.com/ in the past and wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. For an order that big, would your friend want individual quart bottles or a 55 gallon drum?

Mag 1 5w30 is $557 for 55 gallons (220 quarts) on Amazon, free shipping. That's $2.53 per quart.

You should be able to find a distributor who will deliver in 55 gallon drums and a good price
smile.gif

Also, you need to check Costco flyer to see current price. Call store for availability.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gallydif
Am curious though, why so much oil?

Maybe he drives a Saturn

You should be able to find a distributor who would be willing to sell you between $2.05 and $2.20 per quart.

I would.

Sorry for the delayed response. Ive tried the local distributors and their prices are crazy...over $40 per case of 12 quarts for Chevron. Formula shell is a little better but still more expensive than super tech...

As for the quantity...guy moonlights as a mechanic with a home garage. Has been paying parts store price which are crazy as we all know.

Solution...he wont support citgo and i don't blame him so local super tech is out...he found out today though that Meijers house brand is made by warren...actually says so molded in the plastic container ("warren quality lubricants) which i thought was a nice touch...is priced the same at 11.44. Interestingly enough though they have a buy one get one half off sale going on now with no limit.

He walked in, asked for a manager and made the deal. They of course didn't have the quantity in stock, but he was able to split between 20wt 30wt and 40wt oils. He picks up the rest in 10 or so days and ended up buying way way more than he initially set out to.

FWIW the prices for Chevron from distributors is through the roof...over 3 per qt. The best prices were on Formula Shell...surprisingly cheaper than house brands like Service Pro etc. Nothing could compare with Meijers price though...not even by the 55 gal drum.

When my family was in the business it was the same for us. Walmart prices were basically our cost at max margin...and kudos to Walmart for bringing it to the public at that cost.

At $2.05-$2.20 p quart is it even worth buying a 55 gall drum. You can get 5 qt jugs of ST for $10.77. Not much if a discount for buying bulk.

Definitely not for an individual. The small discount makes sense for a commercial operation though if only for the waste reduction. Once you own the drum pumps etc...though we always lost at least a couple quarts per drump that we couldn't pump out.

Opening quart bottles is a PITA when you do it all day. We used re-purposed 1 gal washer solvent jugs for the oil. We'd pump from the drum to the jug...we could guesstimate fairly accurately this way. Of course the 30wt was in a gun with a digital readout as we purchased it 250 gal a time ymmv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back