Chevron Supreme Updated to SP but drops 5w20,5w30

Noticed today that the Supreme line is now listed as Sp rated and conventional. I called my rep and asked where the 5w20, 5w30 Supreme went and he said they are re-branding it. It is releasing as Chevron Supreme synthetic blend motor oil with new labeling. I'm glad it's not going away but I'm sure the new brand name/label is going to raise the price.

Attachments

• PDSDetailPage.pdf
    98.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
All conventionals of those weights are blends and are being relabeled. Don't think Valvoline prices changed. Expect complaints from people who think synthetic is inferior cause 'it's not the real thing'.
Retail prices have more margin.....at the wholesale level, there have been continued price increases over the years.

But hey, it is an opportunity to charge more for synthetic blend oil changes.

Retail prices have more margin.....at the wholesale level, there have been continued price increases over the years.

But hey, it is an opportunity to charge more for synthetic blend oil changes.

I noticed the new Pennzoil (SOPUS) Conventional is only available to Jiffy Lube (IE part of SOPUS). No one else can get it. Makes me suspicious. If you don't have an oil labeled as "conventional" how do you charge extra for the "blend"?

I noticed the new Pennzoil (SOPUS) Conventional is only available to Jiffy Lube (IE part of SOPUS). No one else can get it. Makes me suspicious. If you don't have an oil labeled as "conventional" how do you charge extra for the "blend"?
Yes, they call that product "Pennzoil Quick Lube Conventional." I saw the labels at Jiffy Lube last week, and I think I posted a thread about this several months ago.

Since I just got some of this oil I thought I’d drop my $0.02 here vs a new thread.

Last year I bought a 3 pack of 5w20 5qt jugs of the CS on Amazon for less than $40. This year it’s listed as unavailable. I got “three single” 5w20 5 qt jugs from Walmart.com for the same sub $40.

Here is the side by side, all new “synthetic blend” packaging and rating. I wonder if the oil actually changed much or just gained some certification and new labeling?

Haven’t tried the “new” stuff yet but the old bottles seem to run fine in our cars.

Attachments

• 133DE86B-0C04-45B6-9160-9741556AFB73.jpeg
    133DE86B-0C04-45B6-9160-9741556AFB73.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 15D27330-43EC-4B20-8090-B37D18E2E02F.jpeg
    15D27330-43EC-4B20-8090-B37D18E2E02F.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 66
Back